Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could tell but I'm sure she RJ would like to do that. Pup not coming for a while yet though!

Hey Tanya, are you still thinking about getting a mate or Bruno?

Edited by tlc

Hi Tanya,

Pup is a long long way off yet as we dont have fences set up and havent moved into new house yet.

I will you what it is but I can give you hints LOL

Its cute and fluffy and is one of the larger breeds while not being really big .

And they are not very common. :o:(

Hope to get a show pup but as I said its still a fair while away yet.

We will need to get runs set first too as not sure if I am getting a dog or bitch and as Boof is still entire not willing to take any chances.

TLC

If I am not in the middle of moving or something silly like that I would love to come along to the million paws walk with Sniffy :) :) :) I am sure he would love to see his play mates as its been so so long.

Dont get on here much but had a quick read through and noticed that Tez and Lizzie havent been around any one know where they are ?????

Oh and as for the computer I use a man called Andrew (no not my OH) he comes to your house and he is cheap and you end up with lots more than you pay for like extra programs ect very good value highly I recommend him.

Cheers Janet

Well my computer is going into that shop on Tuesday, i'm so sick of this thing not doing pic's everyone keeps asking for them and i have to keep explaining why i cant, it's also been taking up to an hour to load a page ;) and im paying for broadband :)

Might just get things done a little bit at a time on the desktop, the cost wont scare me as much that way :)

Wow just read through a marathon month's worth of pages...have been nastily crook for a few weeks but that's all sorted now and finally got Telstra convinced that my loss of DSL was their equipment not mine or my ISP's...tech came out to local exchange and replaced a component - volia in 12 flat minutes I have broadband back. Pity it took so long to convince them to send a tech in the first place.

Tenties we are due for another update now after your surgery - how is it coming along and when is the next surgery due?

JJ : camera out please can can we see pics of that rare pair that accompanied me on the trip from Adelaide last month?

RJ are you raffling guesses as to the large fluffy rare breed you are getting? Can we have a hint like which group? Here's a stab in the dark - Bouvier?

Edited by RuralPug

Hi Guys, whats everyone been up to on this horrendously shocking weekend!

Rural Pug, nice to see you back hopefully now you have your internet fixed you will pop in more often!

Somehow i don't think a Bouvier would be RJ's choice for a puppy :( Me however Ill take two :( I really love them, did you know Ronald Regan had one?

Yes Tenties give us an update, how you doing now, any more pics?

Jj hows ther managerie at your place? No escaped Snakies I hope!

Jess how you doing, hope you didn't have any trials in this foul weather this weekend?

Getting worried about Tez now, not like her to not pop in for so long?? I even pm'ed her and no reply??

I have to go back to work tomorrow soooo not looking forward to that!

G'Day RP :rainbowbridge: Nice to 'see' you again. Hope you are ok now. :rainbowbridge:

Tenties I agree.... we need some up-to-date eye pics! :(

tlc I'm afraid we have had an escapee recently.

Remember Nadia the Blotched Bluetongue who was nearly due to have her babies?

Well, she began getting a little distressed indoors in the 'nursery' vivarium as she is used to living outside in their huge enclosure.

So, we were getting some really nice warm days recently so we decided to put her out in the sun by day and bring her in of a night.

Come dusk, we went to get her and bring her in and she was nowhere to be found.

We found her point of escape and have rectified it but it seems she has gone for good. :rainbowbridge:

We have told all the neighbors in the area to look out for her, but there is so much vacant land and bush, especially along by the river, that she has probably headed there. Luckily, we try not to domesticate our outside lizards too much and rarely handle them and feed them plenty of live food and other things they would eat naturally in the wild, so the chances of her surviving are excellent. The babies, when they decide to arrive, will be ok too as they know nothing else. I'm sure they'll be mixing it with their wild friends in no time. :thanks:

But we have a number of other girls nearing to their due-dates here now.

I am also a little worried about tez.... hopefully she has simply had enough of DOL for now. I'm sure it does happen! :(

RuralPug I have just taken a quick pic of one of your freighted-friends :thanks:

The female has just eaten so I don't want to disturb her (they often regurgitate their rats if you handle them during the first couple of days after eating).

Plus, she is a right cow and always bites me.

But here's the male. He is an Antaresia Childreni which are not 'rare' as such, but he is from a Darwin location which is why he has such lovely dark patterning. Darwin locale specimens are uncommon in the hobby and are very hard to find, which is why I went to such lengths to secure these two!

post-14146-1302431338_thumb.jpg

This fella has just exceeded the 4-foot mark. He's a really lovely boy and he will be put to one of our other girls after a winter cooling. :thanks:

Edited by jerojath

Oh wow JJ! You had me quite fooled with the scientific nomenclature - but they are Children's Pythons aren't they? Some friends of my kids used to have them.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the darker patterning of the Darwin sourced ones. The ones I remember were darker looking than that but their markings were quite blurry - sort of like a darker brindle in a dog compared with a highly contrasting brindle if you know what I mean.

What I'm clumsily trying to say is do you mean the Darwin sourced ones have more vivid contrast? The one in your photo is very pretty. I seem to remember that the baby ones were vividly patterned but got blurry (technical term there :laugh: ) as they became adult.

I went looking for a website for pictures of baby ones to see if I remembered correctly and had to laugh when I found what seemed to be a really knowledgable website about breeding them - this guy said he didn't bother with cooling first so I thought he must live in tropical northern Oz but he was in Canada!! :laugh:

And why am I on the net in the middle of the night? Well I don't really want to go back to bed, my loving cat brought me a big fat fieldmouse for a present but absent-mindedly forgot to kill it first, not a pleasant awaking to have a small beastie trying to hide in your hair. So having leapt about uselessly for a while with the cat snickering at me I locked them both in the bedroom and told her to "deal with it". When I went back it she'd dealt with most of it and left a neat pile of mouse intestine and a head attractively arranged on my pillow. The spare room is cold, the computer room is warm...so here I am.

Well done, RP! :laugh: They are commonly known as Childrens Pythons after the man who discovered them, by that name.

I don't like the word "Childrens" as there are 4 species and a sub-species which all get lumped in together as Childrens Pythons. Also, it has created the common misconception that the species is ideal for children. While they do reach a manageable maximum size, their temperaments are certainly not as ideal as many other species of snake!

Yes the info on Antaresia.com is virtually irrelevant here in Oz. Even with heating, the ambient temperatures in Canada mean they don't have to 'cool' them.

Generally, we have to 'cool' our snakes over winter, which entailes backing off their artificial heat source and not feeding them over those months. Then when the weather warms, we crank the heat and feed them up, which simulates a winter period in the wild. This usually encourages the female to ovulate and there are tricks to encourage the male to want to mate, but they usually need little encouragement!

Re patterning, yes you are right! What I source, and try to breed, are the specimens with greatest contrast in coloration, ie; the darkest patterning against the lightest base. Childrens Pythons (and most others) usually develop 'muddying' which is where the melanin (dark pigment) weeps as the snake grows, causing undefined patterns giving the 'blurry' appearance you speak of. I am developing lines with strongly contrasting colors which the animal will hold through to maturity. THAT'S why these particular snakes were so important to me! I already have the line I'm after, but needed to introduce fresh blood and didn't want to go back to the beginning. It's all very interesting! There's lesson 101 in python pigment! :laugh:

I was wondering why you were on at 3am! Great story! :eat: I hate mice, they really give me the heebie-jeebies! I hate going to our freezer as we have baby mice, adult mice, baby rats and adult rats in there looking at me every time I open the door! :eat:

Just for RP.... i was due to go down again this Thursday, but they rang this morning and cancelled, my first thoughts about it are... here we go again ..... no up to date pic's yet RP, these will have to do for the moment ??? oh and by the way, the eye is not quite straight , havent been told when or if i have another :shrug:

2 pic's have failed to upload so will try again whenever ......

post-17520-1302491255.jpg

Well that could be a lot worse Linda! I suppose it calmed down even more since that pic? Probably all the bruising and swelling will do down just in time for the next op to puff it up again.

I am due back on the 18th, wouldn't it be a hoot if we were scheduled on the same day again! :eek:

JJ how unfair is it that a snake breeder gets the heebie-jeebies from little rodents! I can visualise you cringing as you stuff the little corpses full of medication or whatever before feeding them to your babies! :laugh:

Oh I cringe alright..... you have NO idea. :laugh: They make my skin crawl, even when they're dead! :eek:

Edited to add.... We have decided to try and source a particular species of Tarantula. Dunno why dirty, filthy, stinkin' little rodents bother me so much!

Edited by jerojath

Oh I cringe alright..... you have NO idea. :) They make my skin crawl, even when they're dead! :o

Edited to add.... We have decided to try and source a particular species of Tarantula. Dunno why dirty, filthy, stinkin' little rodents bother me so much!

So i guess you dont really want any visitors ;)

I bought a whopping big fly swat at the Reject shop last payday for only $2..... good buy me

thinks.. :):):)

Howdy all,

Woke up this morning to find a trail of blood spots, yep it's finally arrived....Lele has started her heat cycle. Oh the poor girl, she is so swallon and dripping.

Called the stud owner let her know in advance as her 10th day will be around Easter. Trust her to pick the Easter holidays. lol.

Thankfully she is going to be home and hasn't entered any shows, which was very lucky. We are offically booked in and now I'm going to have to wait it out till she is ready to stand.

Last time she came in on day 14, maybe that might happen again so i can spend Easter with my kids instead of taking off for a few days and missing out on the easter egg hunt.

Anyway thats my exciting news. Very much anticipated litter of Blenheim babies planned, fingers cross!

Oh I cringe alright..... you have NO idea. :confused: They make my skin crawl, even when they're dead! :o

So i guess you dont really want any visitors :)

I bought a whopping big fly swat at the Reject shop last payday for only $2..... good buy me

thinks.. :):) :D

You're not far wrong.... A very good friend refuses to come visit since finding out we have snakes in the house. :(

She had been around countless times before and never had a problem, but that was when we kept the snakes in my bedroom and nobody knew about them.

Fingers crossed all is successful Cavalblaze! :laugh:

Hi everyone! Lovely weather we're having - hope this isn't the start of winter already :(

Jess how you doing, hope you didn't have any trials in this foul weather this weekend?

:) Not just trialling - we camped in it. Couldn't have ordered it better though, started raining at Geelong just as we finished up Saturday arvo and stopped sometime early Sunday morning. Even managed to get my tent and gazebo dry in the wind Sunday :laugh:

Getting worried about Tez now, not like her to not pop in for so long?? I even pm'ed her and no reply??

I reckon I seen Tez this morning - really bad when you have trouble recognising people sans their dogs :o

Ick ick ick - I can handle snakes no worries, they really only bother me because of my dogs but spiders just do me in :)

Speaking of snakes - I decided given the lovely drizzly weather that I'd take the dogs up the lake for their first big hill run of the year. Thinking that I should be relatively ok snake wise in that weather... got halfway back around and nearly stood on a flattened (dead) brown snake on the track. Might leave it a few more weeks before we go back again :confused: :D :)

Well, i dropped my desktop off at that computer shop today, we had a good talk about what was needed and i was told that i dont need the disc's to load on the new harddrive :rofl: he said the sticker which is on the side of it says he can do it ...... AND getting it done there, he said worse case scenario $135 :) ......at the other place it was $100 to start , that was for the harddrive :o ......so look out Monday or Tuesday when i get it back im going to be putting pic's up everywhere lol......

By the way people Mum is having a Garage sale this weekend, really a yard sale :o but everything is cheap, cheap , cheap....she is the one that will be in Ocean Grove East Warrnambool..... :)

So I was out at Bunnings today as I have decided to spend my day off tomorrow servicing my mower. I pick up a spark plug, some oil and a set of new blades etc and as we're leaving the kids see a sign promoting a Family Easter Fun Night or something, and it happens to be on tonight and states that bookings are essential. So the OH goes to the service desk and inquires, and is told we do indeed need to book so they can order enough food as supper is provided. Not bad for a free night out! So anyway, we rock-up there tonight, hoping to catch their star employee, ;) but to no avail. Couldn't believe the crowd there! :) I had NO idea there were so many freeloaders in the town! :)

Firstly the kids want to go on the jumping castle, which we are told has a wait of about an hour, so we go off and do some crafts which the kids love, and visit some day-old chicks for a hold etc. Went back to the castle.... still about 40-50 kids in the queue and only 5 are getting on at a time. We then hear that supper is being served so we head off in that direction. I couldn't believe the way people behaved! Some of the adults were like starving animals! They were literally pushing in front of kids so they could get some food. Anyway, they were walking off with arm-fulls of paper plates each containing a slice of pizza or a Subway, so by the time we got up front ALL the food was gone! Worse is that as we walked through the store, there were plates of wasted food shoved here there and everywhere amongst the stock! :) I just couldn't believe how these adults were behaving... if my KIDS had behaved like that I'd have clipped them!

Can't complain really as it was a free night and Bunnings put on a pretty good show, but there were apparently a LOT of people there who hadn't booked, so I don't think Bunnings had any idea how many people were turning up. Maybe next year they could issue tickets of some sort when the 'booking' is made. Just seems unfair that even when you make the booking it is SO busy the kids missed out on most of the activities.

tlc... I think you picked a very good night to not have to work...... you wouldn't believe the mess! :)

Well, i dropped my desktop off at that computer shop today, we had a good talk about what was needed and i was told that i dont need the disc's to load on the new harddrive ;) he said the sticker which is on the side of it says he can do it ...... AND getting it done there, he said worse case scenario $135 :) ......at the other place it was $100 to start , that was for the harddrive ;) ......so look out Monday or Tuesday when i get it back im going to be putting pic's up everywhere lol......

By the way people Mum is having a Garage sale this weekend, really a yard sale :) but everything is cheap, cheap , cheap....she is the one that will be in Ocean Grove East Warrnambool..... :)

Hope all goes well Tenties... we look forward to a photographic montage when you get it back! :)

Hey Chatta, how's your boy today? Hope he is feeling better. I just read your other thread where you said about going to a different vet, as you weren't happy with the first one. I'm curious as to who your first vet was? Could you pm me and let me know. I have just had my girl to the vet yesterday and she has a tooth that's been broken and what looks like sheered off. I tried to pm you but for some reason it told me I couldn't.