jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys.

Was going to go to Melbourne today but think I'll wait.

Those detours are ok but you never know what other roads will close during the day.

Poor Laura. Still, there are worse towns to be stuck in than Terang! Find a Pub and settle down!

Don't think she minds one bit, she pretty busy with baby and she also has daughter on school hols. Not sure her OH can get to work as he is a livestock truck driver.

IM heading out shortly to do some jobs in town but going to go have a look at the hopkins, RJ msg earlier and said the water is a metre off the bridge.

We just took a drive to the Falls - amazing sight! What's even more amazing is the number of people there! :)

The car park was full and people were parked along the road for a long way in both directions.

The falls are no longer falls, but rather a raging torrent. I've seen it pretty high, but not like this.

On the way home we went through Allansford and there are homes flooded there already.

There are gangs of people about, filling and locating sand-bags trying to hold back the river.

From what I can tell, once the river comes over the road (only inches off that now) then much of Allansford will be awash as

many of the homes there are below the height of the highway.

Pretty scary stuff for Allansford folk.

Toward the mouth, the Hopkins has flooded 'Proudfoots' already, although I don't know to what extent.

The River Cruise Boat has been taken from its river mooring and moved for safety.

Just an update people, McKinnons bridge has been open all day, there was a bit of to and froing on 3YB it seems and my Landlord got sick of it and rang and said it was open , Vic roads disputed it or something then Police rang to confirm it was open.... i'm told Pamure will most likely be ok to get through tomorrow if i go to town , i said " i hope so " as my little bus will most likely float away :) i have to go to Geelong on Thursday to pick up a ( cough ) Parcel, so i hope its all clear...

I wont be able to get back on here till tomorrow as im having heaps of trouble with the internet, im surprised im still on to do this post :laugh:

I think the road is open to panmure now as I was just talking to Sean and he was out there delivering pumps etc for the people that needed them. HE siad the Allensford situation is expected to peak early hours of the morning but honestly do they really know??

Tez where are you, you havent floated away have you?

The information is crazy - we had trucks going miles out of their way because council staff told them the roads were shut, only to find out that those roads were never shut at all :)

I heard late this arvo (on the radio) that there is a chance that the Princes at Panmure may not be open for a week due to needing to check the bridge for damage. Best to check Vicroads I'd say. :laugh:

Drove around today and got some photos of the Emu Creek and the mouth of the Hopkins - totally packed out up there! Amazing to see. Would've loved to have seen the falls. Did you get pics JJ?

RJ get in here with some pics,

Oh and Tenties what does pick up a (cough) parcel mean?????

Hmmmmm. It's sounding more and more like a puppy!

Jess I didn't get photos. It was an impromptu decision to go and have a look while we were out so no camera.

I did have the HandyCam in the car but batteries flat...... as always.

Re Panmure Bridge. I heard similar Jess.... that the bridge will need inspecting before being reopened once the water recedes.

RJ! Come in here at once! Agree we need pics! Maybe I'll go check Facebook.....

Tez? Tez? Hellllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably off for a lobster dinner.... :D

Anyone know if the Hopkins Caravan park is fairing?

Parents along with several show exhibitors have it booked for Friday onwards. I'm assuming it might be in the line of the floods though with the way things are developing.

Edit to say I'm praying they open the hwy by the weekend its Speedway time, Dog shows all these people need to get through.

Edited by Cavalblaze

Parents along with several show exhibitors have it booked for Friday onwards. I'm assuming it might be in the line of the floods though with the way things are developing.

Edit to say I'm praying they open the hwy by the weekend its Speedway time, Dog shows all these people need to get though.

Dunno Cav. I would've thought they'd be ok there.... might be worth you giving them a call for first-hand info.

Edit to say I'm praying they open the hwy by the weekend its Speedway time, Dog shows all these people need to get though.

Dunno Cav. I would've thought they'd be ok there.... might be worth you giving them a call for first-hand info.

Called them, all is well at the moment and they don't beleive they will be under any threat of flood waters.

Well I'm feeling pretty useless tonight my OH isn't home yet, he is out helping with the flooding at allensford. He said they still don't know if it will get much worse and it hasn't peaked yet. Lots of my work mates live in allensford and I'd love to go out and help but I'm useless with my back! When Sean rang before I asked when he thought he'd be home and he replied how longs a piece of string! Hope they all stay safe.

Hi all,

Floods are pretty scary getting this close to home :thumbsup:

The child went out with his Nana and Pop this morning and took some pics of the river near the mouth and the bridge I can post them here if you really want to see them

(I being lazy cose they are still on HIS camera)

Tenties I was only talking about you in the early hours of this morning hopeing you where fairing ok and umm cough cough what is this parcel??????? (a man maybe if its not a dog/puppy)

JJ and TLC here are the pics that you are asking for and yes I am very happy with HER

photo-2-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Not quite a new puppy but the next best thing :laugh: :laugh: :eek:

AND I have music again yayayayayayay and dual climate control hahaha those of you with OH's will understand my excitment on this.

Cheers Janet

I seriously don't get duel climate control I'm mean really your sitting right next to each other :thumbsup: we use our cause I'm always hot and Seans always cold but I don't reckon it makes any difference, maybe it would if you had. Barrier of some sort dividing the car in two :laugh:

But seriously it looks awesome!! Pretty sure is the same as my dads his is gold!

Hi all! Scary business this flooding! We are all high and dry in Camperdown but it was a shock to see all the waterways such gushing torrents! Even scarier was to see all the debris slamming into the bridges! Amazing what the force of water can do! I hope Allensford and Panmure get through it ok. We were told at work that Warrny was threatened as well today so I'm glad everyone is ok!