Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Although the township in Horsham is set to peak today, it looks like my immedate family will be ok. They have a water view with the streets having some flood waters but the houses at the moment are safe. It's a godly site around the city and beond but hats off to all the volunteers and community for their ongoing around the clock support.

Unfortuantely my nana refused to evacuate when asked too and last night had a turn and collasped. :hug: Her house isolated by floods the Ambulance couldn't reach her. Thankfully they managed with man power of neighbors and friends to get her out safety and had a very long battle overnight in emergancy dept. She is now in a stable condition hooked up to all sorts of machines and monitors.

She has diabetes and due to a infected leg wound is taking medication which must of upset her levels and it dropped to 0.01. I am relieved that she is in the best place for her now but that is how stubben and stupid some people can be. She now realises that but now, but i'm hearing all sorts of stories of these elderly people in Allansford who just aren't getting the bigger picture. If you are asked to leave, it is for your own safety and so the crews don't have to continueous worry about you. :)

On a brighter note glad everyone here is Ok.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez Cav, 0.01! :D She is very lucky. Glad she is ok now.

Seems Allansford was spared the worst... be it from sand-bagging efforts or receding waters.

Some very lucky people there in low-lying homes.

RJ LOVE the car! Problem is I was used to spotting you in the green-machine, so hope you don't think I'm a snob if I don't recognize you in the new saloon!

tez - glad you are still about. Anyone heard from Lizzy1???

tlc - thanks for putting up that video of the falls on FB. I think I can see my car there in the car park... we were there yesterday afternoon!

Just went back to the Falls now and the waters have dropped a hell of a lot. There are actually 'Falls' there again!

Hello Warnambool people

I hope I'm not being too rude jumping in here but I need some local knowledge on Warrnambool please re accomodation for show late this month. Don't know anyone down that way I don't think but DOL always has the knowledge!

My problem is a friend has entered the Warnnambool shows & booked in Fri Sat nights at the Surfside park motel only to find that her daughter requires her to attend a wedding dress/bridesmaids dress choosing in Melbourne on the Saturday. So she asked me pretty please to take her gear, dog trailer and three pugs down on Friday, use her booked motel that night and set up and handle on the Saturday. She would come from Melbourne Sat evening. I said no worries.

She has checked today with the motel to tell them that I would be using the Friday night booking and found that the idiots had booked Sat & Sun instead. GRRRR. Nothing anywhere is available Fri there are car races or something on apparently. We have had no luck finding anything online. With your local nous is there anywhere you could recommend we try? Just Fri night for one middle-aged lady and the dogs all sleep in the trailer, so doesn't have to be a place where the dogs are allowed in the rooms or anything like that.

So if you could please give us some names of places to try I would be forever grateful. My friend is quite prepared for me to back out now that the motel has stuffed the booking, but I'm determined not to let her down. No great drama, if we can't find anything, it just means leaving in the wee hours Sat morn and doing the zombie thing in the ring that day LOL.

I can't think of anywhere that wouldn't already be booked, I know a popular spot is jubilee park, think it is called something different now but Im thinking they would already be booked. There is lots of motels but I don't know any that would allow dogs even outside in a trailer. You could possibly try Kilarney camp ground, they allow dogs and are about 15 mins out of w'bool, so you wouldn't have far to go the next day, but you would need a tent to sleep in. Sorry not much help at all.

CB, how's your nan doing now, hope everyone is safe up that way.

Hey Lizzy you haven't floated away have you?

Anyone up for a walk tomorrow, nothing heavy just Harris street for me still at this stage.

Working sorry :laugh:

RuralPug I will give it some thought today and ask around. Check in later tonight! :)

RuralPug I am told the Jubilee Park is booked out, I think Tim&Tanya has the right idea though...

Best you try and get in somewhere in Port Fairy. Only about 25 mins from the Show.

Accomodation is hard to get any time the Speedway is happening, least of all a weekend of dog shows too!

I'd have been happy to have a few 'showies' stay with us, but we are moving house on that weekend :laugh:

Hope you are able to find somewhere! :laugh:

Mum told me today that the Hamilton Hwy between the Ballarat turn-off and Lismore is awful, some nasty potholes capable of doing damage, so anyone travelling that road please be careful.

Thanks a lot Jess. Good to know, as I will be heading to Ballarat at some point over the next week. :laugh:

Geez come on Tenties, fess up you have us all in suspenders :thumbsup:

We my Girl Tully lived up to her tomboy nick name today. We went to SWHC and she was an absolute star as always but about 4 people asked me if she was a boy and they thought she looked like a boy. :D I think she looks like a girl but maybe she does look a bit boyish? Betty the other Delta lady reckons maybe it's her hair cut. :rolleyes: Anyway she is a tomboy for sure! ne lady patted Tully and Lexi then told us she prefers the big black dog, must tell Shan next time I'm talking to her. Its funny how half are drawn to the big dog and half are drawn to the little. Its good when me and Shan go together as we have big and little black and white so thats enough variety to keep all the patients happy!!