Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Very cute Tenties, I love the name Dylan..

So do i and i have a bad habit of Rhyming with names so Dylan has been getting ' Silly Dilly ' and Brandy cop's 'Randy Brandy ' :o

sorry cant spell today.... oh and my eye op is the 27th March :eek: bit sooner than expected.

Edited by Tenties

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We submitted an offer a few weeks ago on the old Prime Pet Foods site on Fairy Street.

Our offer was rejected so we submitted another offer.

In between time, someone else got approved for the shop, bugger it!

I noticed this week it is now a Dog Grooming Salon. Looks lovely.

I don't know who she is but apparently she's qualified, unlike most around here....

Hope she does well. :)

I popped int here the other day to check it out JJ, she is young but said she has been grooming for 9 years. The set up is good, all open so customers can see what is going on.

Linda you will be glad to get your eye sorted, hope it all goes well.

JJ do you need a bigger shop? I guess rent is a killer where ever you want to be in this town, ridiculous really, they should be trying to encourage small businesses to grow. I guess it depends on who owns the building?

I popped int here the other day to check it out JJ, she is young but said she has been grooming for 9 years. The set up is good, all open so customers can see what is going on.

Linda you will be glad to get your eye sorted, hope it all goes well.

JJ do you need a bigger shop? I guess rent is a killer where ever you want to be in this town, ridiculous really, they should be trying to encourage small businesses to grow. I guess it depends on who owns the building?

Yep I desperately need a bigger place.

I have no room to grow here and we need to.

Warrnambool commercial rent is shocking. It's no wonder there are empty shops everywhere.

We're looking at a few, but unless the owners are willing to negotiate on price and terms, I won't pay that much.

Some shops have been empty for quite a few years, yet thry won't offer any inscentives to business. It makes no sense.

I agree it is ridiculous, wouldn't it be better to have some of these places occupied for some money rather than sitting empty!

Meant to say earlier, Linda your puppy looks adorable!

• 2 weeks later...

Been quiet in here again (thanks to Facebook!).

Our pups have turned 8 weeks and Woody has gone to his brilliant new home.

Luna really feels like she's part of the family now. I think Tarni is really enjoying her company.

I am really happy with her so far.... she's entered in both shows at Colac in April to be taken and handled by Donna James, and I've got her into one show in Melbourne and one in Geelong during May. I don't know if I'll get to them yet, but I have to send off entries just in case.

We took the girls to the beach last night for a run.... Luna hated the lead but had a ball running free on the sand and in the water. Lovely to watch the first time. :)

We've been letting her run around the house with a leash on, getting her used to it but the second she feels any tension on it she sits and freezes and no amount of encouragement will get her on her feet! :laugh:

She'll get the hang of it!

Will have to arrange a time to meet somewhere for a controlled run, as I'd love some awesome Barb-Pics of Luna :o

JJ, it would be great if we could have a catch up and I can take some photos. Perhaps I could just bring Coop and and you could bring both the girls they can have a run together and of course I will bring my camera! If I only bring Coop I don't have to be so vigilant and can concentrate on pictures! Albert park is a good spot, they can run out a bit of energy and then pose for some pictures. I'm guessing Sundays is probly your only day where you can get out? Let me know when suits and I'll be there. She is only 8 weeks isn't she so still a bit of puppy time left!

Sounds like Woody has gone to a great family.

Good that Donna will do the showing for you, does she still have any dogs that she shows?

And yes very quiet in here, gotta love facebook!

JJ, it would be great if we could have a catch up and I can take some photos. Perhaps I could just bring Coop and and you could bring both the girls they can have a run together and of course I will bring my camera! If I only bring Coop I don't have to be so vigilant and can concentrate on pictures! Albert park is a good spot, they can run out a bit of energy and then pose for some pictures. I'm guessing Sundays is probly your only day where you can get out? Let me know when suits and I'll be there. She is only 8 weeks isn't she so still a bit of puppy time left!

Sounds like Woody has gone to a great family.

Good that Donna will do the showing for you, does she still have any dogs that she shows?

And yes very quiet in here, gotta love facebook!

Great! She's just 8 weeks, so no hurry. This Sunday is out but maybe the next?

Donna is showing Hunter (Luna's Dad) and another home-bred; Bella who is an absolute stunner (best thing Donna has bred yet!). Donna will take Luna to any shows she's going to, and I'll try and get her to a few too. :)

I have to week this Sunday anyway :cry: crap, pooh and dam, I hate working Sundays! The one after should be ok we will probly have obedience so if we could work it in after that would be great, we usually finish around 12 ish. Fingers crossed for good weather.

I was at Albert park this evening me a girl/lady (not sure how old) was walking her Vizsla, he looked lovely, very interested in my lot but he ran over to day hi and my lot ran over to him to say hi and he just dropped on his belly and my guys were like hu what the? :laugh: then he would get up run a few steps and drop again. Cooper had a bit of a play with him then he ran off back to his owner.

Edited to add,I do have to do a few Sundays at work coming up but I think it's May, so an April Sunday would be good! Maybe you could bring the kids too and I could get some nice natural shots of them all together and playing? Either way I'm easy!

Edited by tlc

Good luck showing your little girl JJ, I hope she does really well for you :)

Tenties I hope your eye op went well!

Darcy, Zee and Bowie are going really well. Bowie is growing legs like you wouldn't believe, typical working puppy. I'm doing nearly all his training with shaping and he's loving it. He managed a handstand against the wall the other day, totally blew me away! :eek:

8599960792_e2bb762d65_b.jpg

8598859525_cb63d10ea0_b.jpg

Jess the odd cold day wont deter snakes. Once the weather cools down properly they will brumate and puppies get to go bush again!

So while the weather is cooling but we still get the odd warm day, they will still be around.

I am like you.... my dogs are under lock & key during the warmer months - all on-leash exercise.

JJ sorry I know I've bugged you about this before (as above :o ) what kind of temperatures do you call "cools down properly". I'm really hanging out to recommence our hill walks but I'm guessing it's still way too warm. I know the risk is never going to be non-existant unless I move to NZ :laugh: but I'd like to minimise it if I can.

Good luck showing your little girl JJ, I hope she does really well for you :)

Tenties I hope your eye op went well!

Darcy, Zee and Bowie are going really well. Bowie is growing legs like you wouldn't believe, typical working puppy. I'm doing nearly all his training with shaping and he's loving it. He managed a handstand against the wall the other day, totally blew me away! :eek:

8599960792_e2bb762d65_b.jpg

8598859525_cb63d10ea0_b.jpg

Jess the odd cold day wont deter snakes. Once the weather cools down properly they will brumate and puppies get to go bush again!

So while the weather is cooling but we still get the odd warm day, they will still be around.

I am like you.... my dogs are under lock & key during the warmer months - all on-leash exercise.

JJ sorry I know I've bugged you about this before (as above :o ) what kind of temperatures do you call "cools down properly". I'm really hanging out to recommence our hill walks but I'm guessing it's still way too warm. I know the risk is never going to be non-existant unless I move to NZ :laugh: but I'd like to minimise it if I can.

I went to Killarney yesterday and found a corker of a Tiger Snake in the dunes, and on the way home at Tower Hill we saw half a dozen Copperheads without leaving the car. :)

I guess 15deg is too cold for a Copperhead, but the Tigers will go quiet well before then.

Edited by jerojath

I heard today that Town & Country are coming to Warrnambool.

I've never been there but I've heard many times that it is the best Pizza chain-store ever.

I love a GOOD Pizza, but they're hard to find around here. I don't like the one out on the Hwy. La Porchetta used to do a decent Pizza but they've gone now of course.

That Italian place on Liebig St were always great, but they aren't as good as they used to be.

Town & Country might give them all a bit of a shake-up!

:laugh: Na dont think a job there would work for me, I am already the side of a house imagine with pizza on tap! :rofl:

Hey JJ, I PMed you on facebook I hope it went through I tried about 5 times and it kept coming up with an error wrong email address msg which is weird as it was Facebook? Anyway it said it finally went through, let me know i you didn't get it!

:laugh: Na dont think a job there would work for me, I am already the side of a house imagine with pizza on tap! :rofl:

Hey JJ, I PMed you on facebook I hope it went through I tried about 5 times and it kept coming up with an error wrong email address msg which is weird as it was Facebook? Anyway it said it finally went through, let me know i you didn't get it!

Got it and replied.

Let me know if YOU don't get it! :)

I went to Killarney yesterday and found a corker of a Tiger Snake in the dunes, and on the way home at Tower Hill we saw half a dozen Copperheads without leaving the car. :)

I guess 15deg is too cold for a Copperhead, but the Tigers will go quiet well before then.

Thanks. :)

I guess you would know where to look for them too which means you see and come across more than us non-herpers ever would.

We got out this afternoon with Barb, Cooper and Bronson.

Barb (of course) had her camera and took some awesome pics of the kids and the dogs.

I've only seen a few of them so far, but I particularly loved this one.

We are so excited to have such a nice shot of these too, as Luna will NOT stay still as a rule, and Jess normally plays up to the camera and ruins the pic. Love it!

Luna & Jessica....

post-14146-0-88196300-1365328473_thumb.jpg

I had a great time today, just going through the photos now, the kids were great sports about having their photos taken, even snuck in a sneaky one of Jemma at the park. :laugh:

I had a great time today, just going through the photos now, the kids were great sports about having their photos taken, even snuck in a sneaky one of Jemma at the park. :laugh:

Really? Geez you did well to get anything of her! Little sod she was today!

Had a lovely day all 'round. :)