Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear you're not well tlc, hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Thanks JJ, we got down there just in time to see some of the BCs. Hard going to be able to see much, I did nearly 2 laps before I figured out how to get into the rings without walking through someone's gazebo :o Showies certainly aren't big on leaving space! :eek: Was good for Bowie, he was really good even with a couple of dogs who chose to bark as we walked around. Scored a cheap crate mat for him too - I love the show stalls :o

Any signs of those puppies yet?

Oh Jess I wish I knew you were there we could have had a Bowie, Russell meet up.

Spent the day at the show had a great time.

Spoke to a few people about Russell show prospects and all said he was show able.

One in particular that is a terrier judge. Have written to breeder and told her and will see what her reply is.

She had said yesterday he was looking good so fingers crossed.

Went out for dinner and picked up a few total strangers along the way as we do and what a great night :thumbsup:

Cheers Janet

Thanks Jess, feeling ever so slightly better today so hopefully on the improve!

RJ sounds like you had a great day and evening, are you heading back tomorrow?

Any sign of RP or Tenties, they haven't popped in here for a while!

JJ is Tarni over due yet? Anything happening yet?

Thanks Jess, feeling ever so slightly better today so hopefully on the improve!

RJ sounds like you had a great day and evening, are you heading back tomorrow?

Any sign of RP or Tenties, they haven't popped in here for a while!

JJ is Tarni over due yet? Anything happening yet?

Yes, i was at the show , met up with friends there, caught up with RJ and Russel and went out for Dinner with the crew new and old, didnt go back today :-(

edited to add , never saw RP there

Edited by Tenties

Hi all!

Tarni has had her litter.

They whelped yesterday (Monday) at the very convenient time of mid-afternoon. :) She's so thoughtful! :laugh:

We suspected a very small litter (which actually suited us!) but were a little surprised to have only two!

We welcomed into the world Richie (Jerojath Richmond) and Luna (Jerojath Rosebrook).

Both were very large newborns, very healthy and perfect. :)

Luna will stay on here with us while Richie has a family who have been waiting nearly two years for him.

They are very excited and can't wait to come and visit him.

I'm having a lot of trouble posting pics here I'm afraid, but there are a couple on my FB page. :)

I have to say, I am already enjoying having such a small litter.... everything is easier and more enjoyable.

Less time cleaning and supplementing feeds etc means more time for cuddles.

The kids are very excited.... we have been 'waiting' for Luna for a couple of years since this litter/she was first planned. They got to watch her birth too, which makes it extra special.

Tarni is once again proving to be a great Mother, although she is a LOT more relaxed with them this time around.... possibly just because it is such a small litter, or maybe just because she's done it all before.

I'm really planning to spend a lot of time with these two.... The last litter was at a time when I was too busy to enjoy them, and Chantel got lumped with almost all their care and socializing requirements. She did a great job, and enjoys doing it, but I felt I missed out on a lot.

Looking forward already to getting Luna (aka "Lunatic!") out to Killarney for a run. :)

JJ they are gorgeous and look like little fat puddins

Your girls look pretty happy with themselves also. (Facebook)

Well done Tarni.

Wondered if she had started when I didn't see you at the show.

Cheers Janet

Thanks RJ :)

She started showing 'signs' on Sunday morning so I stayed home.

By midday she was back to her old self so I could have gone after all.

Jess woke me up Monday morning saying Tarni was under her bed, trying to 'dig' so I knew then it was all systems go!

Does anyone here know how to upload pics??? Feel free to rip a few off my FB page and post them here for me! :o

I'm sure tlc would know how if no-one else did... (hint!)

Ok here is some pics of the new family!

Tarni and Babies Richie and Luna.

file-420.jpg

Jasmine and Luna

file-833.jpg

Jemma and Richie

file-2047.jpg

The girls look happy with their new bubs JJ. I was going to put these on last night but had the computer off early.

Still not well, went to the Dr yesterday and about to head to SWHC for bloods now. So over being sick! At least I still have my mum here for a few more days.

Oh, Thanks tlc.... you're a STAR!!! :thumbsup:

I did read you were still unwell.... you've had a bad run lately.

Hope you are soon on the mend. :) Glad you've got your Mum around.

Edited to add:

You can see by the photo at top how far apart the pups were born.

Richie is all dry and fluffy while Luna is still wet.

There was about 3 hours between them.

Richie was breach, and quite big, and had to be assisted out.

After 90 mins there was no sign of progress on the second pup, yet I could feel a second in there, still up very high.

I rang our Vet and got him around for his oppinion and he could also feel what he thought was a second pup, up high, and nothing was progressing as it should.

So, we gave her a shot of Oxytocin to speed things up a bit and sure enough, within 20 mins we had feet in view (another breach birth!) and again with a bit of help, we whelped Luna.

Both pups are steaming along.... Richie has gained 80g in the last 24 hours, and Luna has gained 120g. There's only about 10g between them now. :)

Edited by jerojath

Hi all, just popped in to say hi :wave: i went to Ballarat Dog Clubs show today not entered but just to sit back and relax with friends its so good to be able to do that getting the bug a little bit again so 2 of my babies may be in the ring soon :thumbsup: the boy is to be shown in a partnership , he is a little ripper at the moment and i hope he stays that way :love: the girl is mine she is mine soley to breed on with as my girls have finished their maternal duties now .... Jess i saw you at Warrnambool carrying your new mat i was going to yell out but someone was talking to me... met Russel, he will do well in the ring i feel :-) tlc, i hope your up and about soon, i caught some virus a few weeks back, it was a shocker i had it for 4 weeks no voice the whole time lol....Love Tarni's bubs wasnt she a smartee one of each. :love: