Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

To all who are interested i read in today's standard that Les Ricketts died on Friday :-( to those that didnt know Les he was Lyn Ricketts ex husband.... Les was one of the nicest blokes around, would do anything for you :-) RIP Les

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all who are interested i read in today's standard that Les Ricketts died on Friday :-( to those that didnt know Les he was Lyn Ricketts ex husband.... Les was one of the nicest blokes around, would do anything for you :-) RIP Les

I'm afraid I've never heard of Les Ricketts, and I get the impression I should know who Lyn Ricketts is??? :confused:

You need photobucket

I need to not be a computer-looser!!! :laugh:

You also need me, the grammar nazi to bite you lol..... Computer-loser..... :o

Oops! You wouldn't know I was a straight-A English student would ya??? :o

and i flunked Engrish lol

I'm afraid I've never heard of Les Ricketts, and I get the impression I should know who Lyn Ricketts is??? :confused:

Lyn Ricketts is the Jack Breeder who RJ got Russel from..... :-)

Just thought I'd let you know,

Family Pet & Aquarium in Belmont, Geelong is closing down and have heaps of stuff cheap.

I normally wouldn't shop there as they are shockers for selling puppies, but seeing as they are closing.....

They have Pigs Ears - X 100 $80 & X 200 $160 Boxes.

If anyone is heading that way let me know as I'd love a box, or we could split a box up between us?????

Gee that is cheap considering supermarket price is around $2+ mark!

Pity I'm not going that way till March hey will probly be shut by then, gee they must have had quite a surplus.

How's the puppies?

We had a small group at training today, it was good although very hot. Laura and I took Lacy and Hunter to the beach afterwards they had a ball.

Gee that is cheap considering supermarket price is around $2+ mark!

Pity I'm not going that way till March hey will probly be shut by then, gee they must have had quite a surplus.

How's the puppies?

We had a small group at training today, it was good although very hot. Laura and I took Lacy and Hunter to the beach afterwards they had a ball.

I swung by Belmont on the way home from Melbourne on Sunday.

The pigs ears were pretty shitty..... very small, very curled. I didn't like them.

Maybe Tarni has been spoiled, but she only likes the great big flat ones! :laugh:

I have been getting Black Hawk for $89 from Prime here, and was surprised to find it was dearer than that in every shop I went in on Sunday. Most stores had it for $90+, many for around $102, and one was $119!

Paying $89 right here in town sounds pretty good to me. We are very lucky! :)

Luna looks gorgeous JJ :D

The petstock guys told me that Japan (?) has discovered pig's ears and are getting all the best ones, not sure how true that is. Even the ones from Best Friends aren't as good but at least you can pick and choose out of the big bin. I've also heard that Woolworths and Coles are trying to corner that market as well.

Prime is awesome, I used to get down there a bit but now we don't meet in W'bool anymore I don't get there as often. They have gotten a bit dear on their roo tail though, does anyone happen to know of cheaper roo tail/bones? A friend has a dog that can only eat roo due to the low fat (he has pancreas issues :( )

Brat boy is sprouting legs at a great rate of knots, I can't believe how much he is changing even day by day. He is an awfully quick learner, we've been shaping heaps of body awareness stuff for his dinner - he is a nut for it! :laugh:

Jess sounds like your pup is doing awesome!

I knew we had Black Hawk cheaper here than most places, she can't make that much out of it I don't think. How does Tarni like it JJ? My guys are still on it and love it, we get the chicken one. I also buy the cat one for my kitties. There has been a bit of Black Hawk hate in the Black Hawk thread, I know all food cant suit all dogs but a lot have taken their dogs off it for one reason or another. I haven't had any issues.

I know what you mean about the pigs ears, the big flat ones are the best. Jess it is good at best friends that you can chose your own, sometimes there is a few bigger ones in the bin and when you use your card you get them a bit cheaper which is good.

JJ how are the puppies growing, is Luna shaping up as you expected?

She's an absolute cracka! :love:

tlc thanks for telling me about the Black Hawk thread.... never seen it.

Interesting to note that a few commented on loss of muscle-mass and loss of condition, as we pulled Tarni off it before we bred her this year as we just couldn't keep her in "great" condition. She was in good condition, but not as good as we'd like - especially prior to carrying/nursing a litter.

As soon as we put her back on to her usual kibble, she improved very quickly.

I did always find stools were nice and firm on the BH, pity about general condition.

We raise pups on a BH and raw diet and couldn't be happier, so go figure! :confused:

I'm just glad I found it for a good price at Prime.... I'd always picked it up in Melbourne before, not that Tarni was on it very long.

I guess it's the same as with ANY food, including Premiums.... not everyone will get the same results.

I asked in the BH thread and I'll ask here too: Those who feed grain-free, what do you use???

Edited by jerojath