Titre Testing South Australia

Does anybody out there know if there is a vet. in SA who is prepared to arrange for Antibody Titre Testing please. My German Shepherd had a very, very bad reaction to his last booster in October, which has now led to immune system problems.

I am searching everywhere for a vet. who will do this in SA, as the ones I have approached just say that they don't do it.

Thanks everyone.

All Vets can take blood, just tell your Vet this is what they need to do, and leave it to them to organise it, blood gets sent to Perth, it is $60 at there end,and whatever youre Vet wants to chrage his end which shoudnt be very much at all. to take blood..... I think it needs to be done on a certain day of the week to get there in business hours though.

If your dog has such bad reactions & has a compromised immune system, then is there any point to titer him? Just dont ever vaccinate him again is my recomendation.....He is covered for life if he is covered at all from his first adult shot.......

Cavandra in Adelaide its not that simple. Ive approached 3 seperate clinics about titre testing because i didnt want to vaccinate but go to obedience where they have to be vaccinated. Got the same responce that titre doesnt test anitbody levels. It tests if you dog has a diseaase. Im not kidding thats what 3 vets at 3 different clinics told me! I told them they were wrong and the best quote i got was around $200 for the test.

Its just not catching on yet here is Adelaide. Anyone who can find a vet that does it here would be great to know!

Cavandra in Adelaide its not that simple. Ive approached 3 seperate clinics about titre testing because i didnt want to vaccinate but go to obedience where they have to be vaccinated. Got the same responce that titre doesnt test anitbody levels. It tests if you dog has a diseaase. Im not kidding thats what 3 vets at 3 different clinics told me! I told them they were wrong and the best quote i got was around $200 for the test.

Its just not catching on yet here is Adelaide. Anyone who can find a vet that does it here would be great to know!

You can tell them to contact Dr Jean Dodds via email (costs them nothing)& she will educate them on the subject! LOL...she replies very promptly!! You can send the blood to Jean Dodds in USA for $200 LOL..........

Explain to them that they will begin to lose alot of money as clients start going elsewhere to those clinics that pride themselves on keeping up to date with the latest......The general public is educated & aware they need to keep up!.....It is quite disgraceful that Jean lectured in SA last year, and Vets should have been lined up for that conference, but they werent!!!

An expert in the field & none of our vets could be bothered!!! Very scarry :thumbsup:

You can also look into homeopathic nosodes, there are good Homeopathic Vets around, they may even do the testing for you!

Does anybody out there know if there is a vet. in SA who is prepared to arrange for Antibody Titre Testing please. My German Shepherd had a very, very bad reaction to his last booster in October, which has now led to immune system problems.

I am searching everywhere for a vet. who will do this in SA, as the ones I have approached just say that they don't do it.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Roselene

Give Idexx laboratories in Adelaide a call they do the Titre Testing which gets sent to Perth, but they might have a list of vets that use Idexx for the Titre Testing. Hope this helps you.

Roselene why don't you contact Dr Jean Dodds DVM in California, www.hemopet.org.

On her recent visit she explained that any of us can download the appropriate forms from her website with instructions on specific labeling terms to use, get a vet to collect the blood and then for you to post, to reach her within 14 days. Her cost was something like between $20 and $30 for an in house test with results known within four hours emailled to you

She does titre testing from all over the world.

Just a thought.