Best Kibble For Training

leopuppy04

OK - I've tried a whole bunch, but I want to know what your dogs like most as kibble used for training.... and you too.

Ones that are healthy, a reasonable size (you can throw it and they can find it) and the dogs love the taste of.

My dogs LOVE the taste of the Maximal Grain Artemis best, but it's probably a little small for me to throw...... They like Euk, Science Diet and advance... but don't really like these foods even as treats (like the size though!) :rofl:

Sooo... ideas?!

I'm thinking I might try some RC... but I want something full of meat that has a good taste for them :thumbsup:... I know I used one before that they LOVED but can not remember what it was :rolleyes:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah - that's our 'special' treats :rofl: Good size though but not for throwing.

The joys of having really food motivated dogs is that any food is a brilliant reward :thumbsup:

I'm looking for something really healthy that I can use for a trade off for dinner if I need too

They are fed Artemis, but as I said - pieces are a bit small for certain bits of training :rolleyes:

Edited by leopuppy04

Raw chunks of sweet potato for example. Chunks of fruit. (If you want healthy). Otherwise there all the other treats that can be cut to throwable size.

I tend to use 4-legs if I want throwable sized treats which a healthy.

Edited by ness

Healthier Ness... want something to substitute dinner :rolleyes:

I have a huge range of 'good' treats that we use, but I don't want them getting hot dog every night :thumbsup:

Well what worked for us was steamed baby carrots :rofl:

They are soft, healthy and easy to swallow. Although I am not sure I would use them every night.

LOL - well they are already on my list - but I specifically want kibble so that I can have them in my pockets or around the place for throwing outside (laffi knows why)... not food that I have to freeze or chop up as I do use most of these at other times.... so I am specifically looking for tasty kibble that is a nice size to throw :thumbsup:

Difficult aren't I?!

You could try Coprice Working Dog food. I buy this and mix it with their Advance and they bloody love the stuff. The kibble is a little bigger than a 10 cent piece :thumbsup: Its not classed as a "premium" food as such, but I have had great results with it so you could look into it a little more :rolleyes:

My kids are all on a weight reduction program :thumbsup: so I have been using some dry food for treats as well.

I have been using Bean's dry food (Calafornia Natural Herring and Sweet Potato - only because I can feed it to all of them) and I have been adding pumpkin cut up into small bits. I am sure it all gets swallowed whole anyway :rolleyes: