Our Beautiful Paddi

Kirty

On Wednesday night, our beautiful family dog Paddi was put to sleep. She was almost 18 years old.

Paddi was bought from a pet shop (naughty I know) for the grand sum of $25. We thought she was a boy, so named her Paddy (Irish for Patrick). When we got home and realised she was a girl, we changed the spelling. She was such a special girl. She used to be quite grumpy as a puppy, but she grew into a lovely family dog. She loved my Dad - when he came home from work she would run down the hall and jump into his arms. She also went through a stage where she would attack the cat every time the phone rang! LOL!

She came with us down to Melbourne where she was bombarded with my new puppy Maisie (who now lives with me) and then crazy Dharma the dalmatian. She took it all in her stride. She slowed down significantly in the last few years, but still enjoyed a pat and her dinner. Unfortunately though she crashed on Monday and when she didn't improve, the decision was made to let her go. I know it was the right thing, but I wish I could have been there with them.

RIP Paddi

11th May 1991 - 11th February 2009.

Paddi as a 12 week old puppy with my little sister:

CharlottePaddi.jpg

Paddi on Christmas day 2008:

IMG_0078.jpg

On Wednesday night, our beautiful family dog Paddi was put to sleep. She was almost 18 years old.

Paddi was bought from a pet shop (naughty I know) for the grand sum of $25. We thought she was a boy, so named her Paddy (Irish for Patrick). When we got home and realised she was a girl, we changed the spelling. She was such a special girl. She used to be quite grumpy as a puppy, but she grew into a lovely family dog. She loved my Dad - when he came home from work she would run down the hall and jump into his arms. She also went through a stage where she would attack the cat every time the phone rang! LOL!

She came with us down to Melbourne where she was bombarded with my new puppy Maisie (who now lives with me) and then crazy Dharma the dalmatian. She took it all in her stride. She slowed down significantly in the last few years, but still enjoyed a pat and her dinner. Unfortunately though she crashed on Monday and when she didn't improve, the decision was made to let her go. I know it was the right thing, but I wish I could have been there with them.

RIP Paddi

11th May 1991 - 11th February 2009.

Paddi as a 12 week old puppy with my little sister:

CharlottePaddi.jpg

Paddi on Christmas day 2008:

IMG_0078.jpg

Run free gorgeous Paddi - you lived a great life :D :p

So sorry for your family's loss Kirty :eek: