Vip Frosty Paws Patties

piper

I was just in Foodland at Munno Para and noticed these as I walked past. I have looked for them quite a few times in the past with no luck and today when I was not looking there they were. They also had the "ice cream" treats and some frozen mince.

I am quite impressed with the ingredient list for the price - they cost $3.80 for a 1kg pack. Hopefully the girls like them, will find out tonight as they were due for a non bone meal anyway.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that patties do contain bone.

A small amount. Mostly muscle meat, offal and veggies the way I read it. I will probably still add some yoghurt and egg to it as well.

Bugger I had a look at our local one and couldn't find them. Have seen the frosty paw ice creams there though so will keep a look out.

They are in a zip lock bag, similar to the chunkers and were in the freezer next to the frozen roo mince. Maybe try a foodland if you have 1? As I think they are sold mostly through IGA stores.

I tried our local foodland which is quite a big store and couldn't find them. The frosty paws ice cream treats were in the freezer next to where they have the human ice creams. Presumed they might be in the same spot maybe they are somewhere else :hug: . Will have another look tomorrow.

Although doubt miss fussy pot will eat them anyway.

Edited by ness

I saw the Frosty Paws mince in the IGA supermarket. It was frozen and when thawed it was just a huge mass of water that I could ring out.

Also when looking through it I found green and yellow split peas. Not cooked, looked like they had been added as a filler.

It stated on the packaging that it contained selected vegetables. I picked the peas out and fed the meat to the pups. It certainly never hurt them but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

Thanks for that Piper. We had to drive past there yesterday arvo so I took the esky with me and bought 3 packets. Had to ask where they were as I couldn’t find them. Great price $3.80 for 1kg and only 1 packet left when I left.

I gave 1 to Toby for breakfast and he loved it that much he forgot his manners. :rolleyes:

I tried our local foodland which is quite a big store and couldn't find them. The frosty paws ice cream treats were in the freezer next to where they have the human ice creams. Presumed they might be in the same spot maybe they are somewhere else :rolleyes: . Will have another look tomorrow.

Although doubt miss fussy pot will eat them anyway.

Which one is your local? Pasadena? I can try Pasadena next weekend for them any way.

My local one is Mitcham should have tried Pasadena on the way back from the beach but didn't even think about it. I am worried Kenzie might not eat them anyway so they would be wasted.

They are less than $4 and only 8 patties in a pack and Ness will eat them anyway won't she?

:thumbsup: Piper yeah Ness eats anything true. So what did your girls think of them?

If my girls showed preferences to food I could give you a true response :) They ate them, but then Jazz also ate part of a blue tongue lizard she caught today as well so lets just say she doesnt exactly have discerning tastebuds.

I'm not sure I will use them alot, they do appear to have split peas in as fillers that are not listed in the ingredients and seemd a it watery but for $3.89 a bag I will keep them on hand as emergency food I think.

Ah ok might just stick to human quality mince when I do mince then.

It does have some benefits - it has offal in it as well plus flax seed, kelp and a few other things. I am slack when it coes to giving offal, never end up giving it as often as I should, so at least with the occasional patty plus the occasional offal that I give them they are getting a bit more offal.

:rolleyes: Piper yeah Ness eats anything true. So what did your girls think of them?

If my girls showed preferences to food I could give you a true response :laugh: They ate them, but then Jazz also ate part of a blue tongue lizard she caught today as well so lets just say she doesnt exactly have discerning tastebuds.

I'm not sure I will use them alot, they do appear to have split peas in as fillers that are not listed in the ingredients and seemd a it watery but for $3.89 a bag I will keep them on hand as emergency food I think.

Man your border collies are gross. My pugs are so much more refined. Found Louie munging on a big cat poop the other day - mmmmmmmm :)