De-chlorinating Water

I live very close to the water supply which means, due to low storage levels etc, I am getting extremely chlorinated water. It stinks. I usually fill up the buckets and the dogs self regulate and drink out of the bucket that has been out longest as opposed to the freshest water. Is there any other way to safely de-chlorinate water for drinking?

Put it in the sun for a few hours.

You can get activated carbon filters that attach to the taps. We have one on the kitchen sink here. Mainly because we are on tanks and to filter the water for that reason as we only have first flush systems.

There are water agers you can buy for aquariums.. But do not know how they will go for your purpose

buy a rainwater tank and collect some of your own yummy water :)

Funny you say that coz Zues has 3 buckets of fresh water available at any given time, but if I let him in the pool area, first thing he does is drink the pool water as if he prefers it too fresh water.

I am not sure how strong your water is but it might be worth taking a sample to a pool shop and asking them to test it.

They will do it for free.

They will tell you how many parts per million the chlorine is.

Then you can search to see if it is safe for dogs to drink.

Good Luck

Ash..

I buy distilled or bottled water for my dogs (I'm on tank water as well). I've noticed less staining and weaker urine since doing this. But then I also add ACV to my water as well, which they infinitely prefer to chlorine.

buy a rainwater tank and collect some of your own yummy water :)

This would necessitate rain. I live in one of the most arid areas I have ever lived in.

Mmmm yes rain?? pretty non exsistant at the momet! we're fairly lucky where we live, no rain in summer but plenty of rain in winter!

Maybe the terricota urn would be the go.....