Peeing On Humans Beds

sparkycat

Hi our pup is now 8 months old and is outside most of the time. She comes in with our other dog for play, cuddles, treats and waiting for meals. She still has the occassional accident on the floor but in the last 2 days she has peed twice on our beds. Unfortunately we didn't notice for a while so could not correct her at the time. I have washed all the bedding in Biozet so there should not be any smell left.

Any ideas or help please ....

First of all i would block off access to the bedrooms, and go back to strict toilet training.

My first dog was fully toilet trained by the time he was 14 weeks, my other dog by the time she was 20 weeks (i got her at an older age)

Is there a medical reason for her still going inside? maybe a vet trip is in need?

Sure others will come with more advice

One of our girls use to do this and we worked out it was an anxiety thing with her .

As much as we tried to block of the bedrooms there was always the odd time we forgot to shut a door.

We worked on ways of reducing anxiety in her , we noticed it was mainly when she was left alone , or someone new came to the house ,any change that she couldn't anticipate. We stopped acknowleging when she had an accident and within a few months she just stopped doing it , although it took us a while to figure it all out !! Building up her confidence we got there and haven't looked back.

We had moved house 4 times in 18 months so this had a big effect on her.

Have you moved house or made any other changes to life the way that he knew it?

Of course this is my experience and it always pays to get a vets advice it could also be a UTI, her pushing to see what she can get away with or any number of things..

Good Luck :rofl:

2 days she has peed twice on our beds.

Leigh has done this 3 times.

2 in one day,1 in another.

She is "marking" her "territory "

We as human;s seem to be taught that female dog's don't do that.

She hasn't pee'd over the spots she market.

also,all 3 spots were very important to her.

Our bed,our son's bed,and oar's again

Leigh is about 6 mths now

I know many female dogs that mark, we see it every day at work, and many that cock their legs

Really !,they cock there legs to,i had no idea of that !

The anxiety post explains things as well i think.

At that age I would also say it was territorial. I used to have trouble with this when I had beagles. They too were mostly outdoor dogs. I do have a cat that sleeps on our bed, so that probably had something to do with it too. Never had a shar pei do it ever, for some reason, or the chi's, who are allowed on the beds when we are on them. I still have a cat.

As said earlier, try to keep the bedroom doors closed when you are not in there.

Edited by badboyz