Show Ring F A Q

Keshwar

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering if there was a website or something that explains how a show works with classes and points etc or if it's in this thread somewhere? Thanks if someone

can help

If you go back to posts 2 - 4 in this thread. They cover classes in shows, the point system and how to show your dog.

If you have a more specific question feel free to ask. :)

Sorry if this has already been answered but I was wondering if there was a website or something that explains how a show works with classes and points etc or if it's in this thread somewhere? Thanks if someone

can help

If you go back to posts 2 - 4 in this thread. They cover classes in shows, the point system and how to show your dog.

If you have a more specific question feel free to ask. :rofl:

Ahh! Thankyou! :cool:. I swear I need glasses.

• 2 weeks later...

I am entering my second show in two weeks time, and my dog has run into a stick,and has a sore on her neck-it is a clean wound , and healing,but she has lost a little patch of fur. Should I withdraw her from the show? Any help would be appreciated!

The sore is about ten cent piece size.

I am entering my second show in two weeks time, and my dog has run into a stick,and has a sore on her neck-it is a clean wound , and healing,but she has lost a little patch of fur. Should I withdraw her from the show? Any help would be appreciated!

Providing it's healed nicely, a small patch of hair missing shouldn't be a problem.

is it his show side or non show side? my dog cut her inside non show leg and required stitches took a week off then showed her and she took out baby i group the judges didn't even ask about the stitches though the did see them and she was bald from being shaved there

is it his show side or non show side? my dog cut her inside non show leg and required stitches took a week off then showed her and she took out baby i group the judges didn't even ask about the stitches though the did see them and she was bald from being shaved there

It is on the underside of her neck. Unless you look under her chin, it is not noticeable.

It is on the underside of her neck. Unless you look under her chin, it is not noticeable.

i would still show if it isn't affecting her in any way. it is only cosmetic not structural :thumbsup: and as long as if the judge happens to touch it say when checking teeth she wont react :rofl:

Will the show lead interfere with it? If not, I'd show her.

Thankyou all for your advice!!! :confused: The lead doesn't touch it at all, and it is healed, she doesn't even know it's there I don't think,lol!

Anyone can touch her, she is very placid, so I will leave her entered!! Yay!!! Thanks again-I just wasn't sure if she should be shown or not. :confused:

Bugger i have our 2nd show this weekend and our girl has a rash/lumps under her arm pits and near her anus (under tail area) i have washed her with malsab? but this wont disappear for weeks :cry: Do i still show her or pull her out?

Just a question about registration numbers. the dogsqld form is asking for this but where do i find it? is it the number that comes after his registered name?

yes

editing to add: if qld born it should start with a 4.

Edited by ellz

If a dog chips a tooth, can they not be shown anymore?

A simple chip shouldn't be a problem and in some breeds even a missing tooth will not be penalised. In other breeds, if the tooth is lost as a result of an accident or removed by a vet as a result of same, they can still be shown with a vet's certificate BUT be aware that some judges will still penalise.

Just a question about registration numbers. the dogsqld form is asking for this but where do i find it? is it the number that comes after his registered name?

yes

nsw born so does it start with a 2?

also where do i find entry forms? can't see any on the dogs qld site??

Edited by pixie_meg

yes

nsw born so does it start with a 2?

also where do i find entry forms? can't see any on the dogs qld site??

Yep, NSW starts with a 2.

Some people use the dogsoft downloadable software. I had nothing but trouble with it so I use http://www.showmanager.com.au for my entries. If you only have 1 dog, you can use it for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a question to do with just being the general public going to a show. Is it okay for people to just walk around and have a look at the dogs etc, or does this annoy show people? Is it okay to just stand somewhere and watch what's happening?

I've been to a couple of shows, kind of just walked around looking, seeing what it was like. But I just thought about it and do you find it weird? Or you're just used to it and it's normal? Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if it's not.

• Troy unpinned this topic