Pedi Paws

Now granted mine is not the dinky-di real-deal Pedi Paws, just the "Pet Buffer" knock-off. But after the initial game of "snatch n grab" with the feet, my two puppies really didn't object to the whole ordeal one little bit.

As I said, the cheap version would only be suitable for puppy nails or the occasional buff up before a dog show or something like that. I don't believe the more expensive version would be much better. But I also don't think it would take much for the average dog to learn to get used to the whole grinding thing, even in the hands of Joe Q who probably hasn't got much of an idea anyway.

That said....my next major purchase will be a new Dremel because mine was "adopted" by Mr Ellz and I'm tired of going to his house to do toenails! :laugh:

• 2 months later...
If you want to give Pedi Paws a go you can find it in Australia here for about $29 Aussie including delivery.

Hmmmmm it seems someone didn't really read the thread prior to trying to tempt others into buying this inferior product - lucky my mum isn't on these forums - Oh that's right she already bought one! aaaarrrgh :rofl:

• 3 months later...

Well I bought a Pedipaws today for only $10 so I'm not expecting to get "more than what I paid for"!

I must say that as a complemetary item to the nail clippers it's just fine. It make for a nice buff after using the clippers to smooth off rough edges. This said I bought it with the Cavaliers in mind. The Shepherd is fine with a standard trimmer and regular walks and runs up the road with my daughter. I don't think it would be much use on his large claws in any case.

Sadly I saw this product advertised for $75.00 plus $14.95 postage and handling on another website and it's simply just not worth that kind of money!.

Yes, the Dremmel is definitely a superior state of the art product, and I would like to have one but it is expensive and I can't justify the price (maybe someday).

The Pedipaw does take a bit of experience in using it correctly, but once mastered is quite easy. The important thing is to keep the angle correct or you can stop the disc with the claw.

I read the instructions but came up with a strategy of my own.

First sit with dog on lap having a cuddle a few times during the day with unit just running and talking and making a big fuss of the dog.

After having done this a few times and finding dog now okay with the noise, then just resting the unit against paws and nail so that dog can feel gentle vibration action against them. NOT PUTTING NAIL TO SANDING AREA AT THIS STAGE.

(I use a similar method when clipping a horse for the first time by just running the noisey clippers near him for a while and then just resting the clippers against his skin without clipping at first to give him an idea of the vibration and noise.)

Then after dog okay with this just sanding ONE nail for three to five seconds as recommended in instructions.

Anyway I found it to be not as useless as some have.

Cool, i need a dremmel too. I saw the ad for the pedi paws and said to OH thats what i need for Roxy but i wasn't paying the ridiculous price and i don't particularly want a talking collar tag :):) I'm going to Bunning this weekend and i shall purchase a dremmel :laugh: .

I'll sell you mine if you like, it's been used once LOL

Hey Sas, if you really want to get rid of it, tell us more... might be interested.

ETA: I'm assuming you mean a dremel, not a pedi paws LOL

Edited by greytdog

My Oh has had a dremel that he bought for timber making things, he has a blue box of extra stuff, and I have never used it for nails!

Maybe I need to snabble it! Although mine have never had a problem with having nails done with nail trimmers.

Stuff it, went out and bought one - the one that looks like a gun out of Star Trek (there was a picture of it here, but it's gone now). Haven't had time to try it yet, but will have to get the dog used to it first anyway.

Don't forget to set it on "STUN" (humming Star Trek theme as she types! LOL :laugh:

Yes, the Dremmel is definitely a superior state of the art product, and I would like to have one but it is expensive and I can't justify the price (maybe someday).

You don't need to purchase a brand name Dremel. I have a Rok unit from Mitre 10 which cost me under $40 and it has already paid for itself.

My Oh has had a dremel that he bought for timber making things, he has a blue box of extra stuff, and I have never used it for nails!

Maybe I need to snabble it! Although mine have never had a problem with having nails done with nail trimmers.

Mine are fine with the normal nail trimmers too, but my guys have black nails so I'm trimming blind!!!! Both pups and I are much more relaxed with the dremel!! You can tell how close you are getting to the kwik which is great!