Games For Puppies, Ideas Please

Anastascia

Hello all, I have two lovely pups who love playing in the garden/lawn, chassie's, play with their roller ball but I want to know of any games I could play with them or toys I could give them.

They have a kong each, two hol-ee bowler balls, a teddy each which they adore, and a few squeaky toys. They aren't too fussed on any of these except for the kong if there happens to be chicken or turkey mince in there!

What games do your puppies enjoy? Has anyone given their pup one of those children's shell dish things? I was thinking I could put some water in it for supervised play or fill it up with sand.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

I have just recently had a litter and the pups favourite toys where empty drink bottles and a large cardboard box. The box was great because they like to hide in it but can also sink their teeth into it, also very cheap to replace.

My puppy also loves boxes and also toilet rolls. He also loves the soft squeaky toys but we have to supervise him with those because he's destroyed 3 already and we don't want him to eat the fluff. My last dog had no interest in soft toys, but was obsessed with balls. Was great because it meant a lot of his exercise could come from playing fetch lol.

My pup also loves plastic bottles, also i add unccoked rice as it makes a sound she goes crazy over when it rolls.

Yesterday I used a toilet roll and flattened it out and folded the edges up so it was kind of like a packet and put cheese in the middle of it. She and my older dog had a ball chewing it and figuring out how to get the cheese out. Such a cheap toy :rofl:

I have a little pool for the dogs which they love and a sandpit. I often hide treats or toys in the sandpit for them to find as well.

Aside from that - toilet rolls, empty drink bottles, boxes, tissue boxes with treats inside (minus the tissues!), ice cubes...

The dogs and I play lots of games - hide and seek, tug, chasies, fetch, psycho time (running around being silly) and we do LOTS and LOTS of training (obedience and tricks). My guys get SUPER excited when I say "want to do some training?!" They adore that time with me. And then I usually follow it by with some games.

Our pups love plastic bottles... they roll and can be chased and when chewed make a great noise (not so great from our perspective, lol,) we also have a paddling pool (plastic shell) which we set up on warm days. The older pup LOVES it, haven't tried it with the new one. They also love playing tug with us and with each other.

We play a game with our pup that he loves. We hide small pieces of his liver treats all over the backyard when he is inside. Then we bring him outside and yell FIND! He pegs it around the yard sniffing like crazy until he has found each one.

When he was smaller we started by hiding them in the house. Its very funny to watch.

Flower pot (the plastic ones) or for larger pups a plastic bucket, remove the handle. They have great fun working out how to carry it without killing themselves :laugh: Can chew on it as a team or use it for a great game of 'keep away'. A wooden or plastic platform, doesn't have to be very high, is also great - or failing that a small pile of dirt so they can play king of the castle. Also much appreciated by smaller sized pups is a hammock type dog bed - they love playing pounce on the one underneath the bed.

yep much of the same here, plastic bottles, bought ropes, kongs etc. But their fave game, esp Ellies, my kids tell her to stay, then go and hide and she has to find them. it is so funny. she looooves that game. :laugh:

Hello all, I have two lovely pups who love playing in the garden/lawn, chassie's, play with their roller ball but I want to know of any games I could play with them or toys I could give them.

They have a kong each, two hol-ee bowler balls, a teddy each which they adore, and a few squeaky toys. They aren't too fussed on any of these except for the kong if there happens to be chicken or turkey mince in there!

What games do your puppies enjoy? Has anyone given their pup one of those children's shell dish things? I was thinking I could put some water in it for supervised play or fill it up with sand.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

My standards love to play with empty drink bottles too, I put a few pieces of dry food in them so they rattle. Favourite ever toys.

Also old socks, I put 3 or 4 inside one another and tie a knot in the middle, last for ages.