Poodle Grooming

DO YOU WANT TO DO A PET CLIP OR A SHOW CLIP?

MOST OF THE PETS WE DO ARE DONE WITH A 10 BLADE FOR WHITES WITH PINK SKIN, AND A 15 FOR THE BLACKS.

ON MY SHOW DOGS I USE A 30 OR MAYBE A 15 IF ITS CLOSE TO THE SHOW.

YOU SHOULDN'T NEED A SMALLER BLADE, JUST USE THE EDGE AND COME FROM THE BACK OF THE EYE, THE TRICK IS TO HOLD THE HEAD STILL AND THE SKIN TIGHT, I KNOW IT IS HARD AT FIRST BUT ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT A COUPLE OF TIMES IT WILL BE EASY

On pets we always use a #10, on show dogs normally a #30 a couple of days before a show.

For aroud the eyes just hold the head firmly and keep the skin tight, use the edge of the blade and should be able to get right along the eye rim.

Hope that helps, good luck :)

I use a 15# on my poodles faces but use a 10# on my grooming clients poodles. Using a more narrow blade actually makes the job harder and more dangerous around they eyes, maybe you could do a ring around and see if one of the local groomers would be willing to show the best way to do it.

moser arco are a fantastic clipper and they have a attachable blade that can change to a 10, 15 or 30 on the one blade, they are quite and are great on poodle faces and feet, i think clipper world sell them

highly recommended

moser arco are a fantastic clipper and they have a attachable blade that can change to a 10, 15 or 30 on the one blade, they are quite and are great on poodle faces and feet, i think clipper world sell them

highly recommended

The Arco is one of the cordless I would recommend. They are lighter and much more maneuverable than the AGC and this gives you more control.