What Am I Looking At For Nikon Lens ?

redangel

I am loving the nifty 50 shots in photo forum. I love the way it freezes action...those whippet shots are just amazing! What do I look for in a nikon equivelant? Reviews (for canon) ive seen say its good for full length portraits..in practice is this a preferred lens to say the 18-55vr.

Whats the expected damage to the hip pocket?

Nikon has its very own nifty fifty, the 50mm f/1.8. Depends where you shop, you can find it for something like $100 second hand and up to $200 new. It has its advantages over the 18-55 such as being faster, way better in low light and indoor situations and generally clearer shots. It has no zoom at all though.

Thanks for the info.. so the nikon lens is non zoom, the tamron is a zoom. Is there a nikon equal with zoom? Any advantage to aim for this ability over the standard non zoom lens? Tamron Lenses...should I go there nikon ppl...or aim to stay with nikkor lenses?

Thanks for the info.. so the nikon lens is non zoom, the tamron is a zoom. Is there a nikon equal with zoom? Any advantage to aim for this ability over the standard non zoom lens? Tamron Lenses...should I go there nikon ppl...or aim to stay with nikkor lenses?

If you want great photos from a zoom lens, you won't go wrong with the 28-70 f2.8 from either Tamron or Nikon.

If you want to do all the work, get the 50mm f1.8

If you want full portarit, you'll need a 28mm f2.8 or wider.