Cancer

Soooo glad to hear the great news!!! :o Go Fred!!

And i have LOTS of pics of Fred. Photography is one of my favourite hobbies, and Fred is one of my favourite people, so pics galore! :laugh:

Had to smile when I read this :rofl: Fred is a lucky boy to have found you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. Talk about a HUGE relief!

He's pretty much his normal self now, walking fine, jumping for joy when i pick up his lead etc.

I think he's just a bit frustrated though, since he still has his stitches for another week, I'm not letting him jump up on the couch, bed, or into the car etc, and I don't let him off the lead when we go for walks so he cant go for a run. All of which could tear a stitch, there's a particular spot that's quite tight that the vet said to keep an eye on.

Plus i've had to leave him indoors while at work during the week so he doesnt go and lay in one of his holes in the yard and potentially get his wound infected.

He's still a bit careful about laying down and getting up, and he's not yet stretching his back legs when he wakes up from a nap, but all to be expected. He's basically fine in himself, and has no idea how happy I am that hes in the clear!

Looks like he just might get that long pampered life he deserves :thumbsup:

Again thankyou for all the advice and good wishes, and big licks from Fred!

Had to go see the vet this afternoon :)

I was cleaning Freds wound this afternoon as i was meant to, just saline and cotton buds. Anyway theres a particular tight spot just where the leg meets the belly/side, and had been bleeding on and off, which the vet said it would so i wasnt too worried. But as i was cleaning it i noticed a couple of the stitches seem to have cut the skin a bit, was very tender and Fred didnt like it.

Luckily the vet is open till 7pm even on a sunday, so i took him in just to get checked. He agreed that a couple had cut into him, so he removed a whole bunch of stitches to ease the tension. Fred the drama queen whining the whole time of course. He almost had to have a bucket on his head, but while there he tried to lick the spot and cant quite reach it so the vet said he could go without. But he has to stay indoors for the rest of the week so the slow to heal bit doesnt get dirt in it or anything.

On thursday he goes back for the rest of the stitches out, and the vet wants to keep an eye on a particular bit of flesh that he said isnt as "pink and lively" as he'd like it to be.

So fuzzbutt is out of the woods cancer-wise, but still has a few little issues, but thankfully minor on the scale of things!

(Fuzzbutt is his nickname btw) :)

That is great news. I was in a panic when Honey busted opn he incision and this big gaping wound right in the middle of the incision. M vet said it would not heal ifrestitched, had to heal from the inside out. Said it would take abou 4 weeks, but in 2 1/2 it is almost healed and she is rid of that dang cone--and I can grow skin back on my legs now!