Vet Medication Charges

Aww c'mon dont be a spoilt sport. Yes it is a good read but not sure i can get through 25 pages again - I've run out of coffee.

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :(

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :laugh::thumbsup::scold::provoke::eek::laugh: :D :laugh: :D

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww c'mon dont be a spoilt sport. Yes it is a good read but not sure i can get through 25 pages again - I've run out of coffee.

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :(

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :scold::thumbsup::eek::provoke: :D :laugh: :D :laugh::(

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :laugh:

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :scold::thumbsup::eek::provoke: :D :laugh: :D :laugh::(

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :laugh:

Seeing you're so anti-vets (think you used the words pet hate?), why do you try to get their business? To make money perhaps?

eta: and do you offer vets a discount?! What about your other clients? Surely that's not very fair to them!! So are you overcharging everyone else? Or undercharging vets?

Edited by stormie

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :p

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :eek::thumbsup: :D :provoke: :D :laugh::(:laugh::(

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :scold:

Seeing you're so anti-vets (think you used the words pet hate?), why do you try to get their business? To make money perhaps?

eta: and do you offer vets a discount?! What about your other clients? Surely that's not very fair to them!! So are you overcharging everyone else? Or undercharging vets?

To whom was that comment directed at? :laugh: Poodle? Nicestman77?

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :p

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :eek::thumbsup: :D :provoke: :D :laugh::(:laugh::(

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :scold:

To whom was that comment directed at? :laugh: Poodle? Nicestman77?

Hope it's not me. I love vets it's just the mark up of medications that I dont like :hug:

Hope it's not me. I love vets it's just the mark up of medications that I dont like :provoke:

Do your vet friends know how you have lambasted them on a public forum, poodie? I cant see you retaining the friendship for long if they do, unless they accept the fact that you take grumpy pills for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. :thumbsup:

Hope it's not me. I love vets it's just the mark up of medications that I dont like :provoke:

Do your vet friends know how you have lambasted them on a public forum, poodie? I cant see you retaining the friendship for long if they do, unless they accept the fact that you take grumpy pills for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. :thumbsup:

They're equine vets and have a good sense of humor. Most of the time they have their arm up the back side of horse so they don't have a lot of friends. If I go into a shop with them for lunch around mare testing season we usually get plenty of space :laugh:

They're equine vets and have a good sense of humor. Most of the time they have their arm up the back side of horse so they don't have a lot of friends. If I go into a shop with them for lunch around mare testing season we usually get plenty of space :laugh:

Equine vets are worse than small animal vets - they charge hundreds just to come out to look at the horse...

They're equine vets and have a good sense of humor.

My local vet has no sense of humour at all but consults usually take an hour because he never shuts the hell up.

Hope it's not me. I love vets it's just the mark up of medications that I dont like :laugh:

Do your vet friends know how you have lambasted them on a public forum, poodie? I cant see you retaining the friendship for long if they do, unless they accept the fact that you take grumpy pills for breakfast lunch and dinner every day. :)

They're equine vets and have a good sense of humor. Most of the time they have their arm up the back side of horse so they don't have a lot of friends. If I go into a shop with them for lunch around mare testing season we usually get plenty of space :rofl:

Equine vets are worse than small animal vets - they charge hundreds just to come out to look at the horse...

One of them operates on his own, has no surgery, staff etc and operates from thhe back of a 4 wheel drive. The majority of work is in the racing and stud/breeding industry.

I agree SL .... I've been on the receiving end of their bills countless times. But in their defense there's a couple of things to be considered. First is the cost of petrol and the wear and tear on their vehicles. Second is that whilst they are spending time in the car clocking up the travel expenses, they also are precluded from seeing any other customers. If they need to travel 30 minutes to see you, there's one hour of them sitting in the car. Take into account how many animals a small animal vet might be able to see in that one hour period (and the consultation fees they receive as a result) and it is easy to see that the equine vets who visit on site need to charge more.

Sure - it doesn't stop me fainting at the expense of it all but I can see why the difference.

I agree SL .... I've been on the receiving end of their bills countless times. But in their defense there's a couple of things to be considered. First is the cost of petrol and the wear and tear on their vehicles. Second is that whilst they are spending time in the car clocking up the travel expenses, they also are precluded from seeing any other customers. If they need to travel 30 minutes to see you, there's one hour of them sitting in the car. Take into account how many animals a small animal vet might be able to see in that one hour period (and the consultation fees they receive as a result) and it is easy to see that the equine vets who visit on site need to charge more.

Sure - it doesn't stop me fainting at the expense of it all but I can see why the difference.

Going back about ten years ago one equine vet practiced acupuncture and was reasonably priced with fee of $75. He was there for almost an hour, used acupuncture needles and vitamin B injections into the muscle and the fee was a flat rate. No extra charges. He also sold Cartrophen at a modest mark up.

His wife did the bookwork and they made a good income.

Going back about ten years ago one equine vet practiced acupuncture and was reasonably priced with fee of $75. He was there for almost an hour, used acupuncture needles and vitamin B injections into the muscle and the fee was a flat rate. No extra charges. He also sold Cartrophen at a modest mark up.

His wife did the bookwork and they made a good income.

Yes, although you have to wonder at the horse population density change over those years. Not to mention the hike in Professional Indemnity Insurance and other 'behind the scenes' charges (and of course, the cost of petrol itself) that have occured in that space of time.

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :)

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :):):):laugh::):rofl::):rofl::)

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :p

My question was to you, nicestman77. Regarding your business. Do you offer discounts on your clipper blade sharpening services to vet clinics?

To whom was that comment directed at? :) Poodle? Nicestman77?

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :mad

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :(:laugh::rofl::(:rofl::):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :)

My question was to you, nicestman77. Regarding your business. Do you offer discounts on your clipper blade sharpening services to vet clinics?

To whom was that comment directed at? :mad Poodle? Nicestman77?

Hi stormie I am glad you asked that question.

The answer is, in fact I do offer vets a very good discount, because their blades are normally only #40's which are smaller than other type of blades, and don't use as much wear on the sharpening plate as larger type blade do, I adjust it appropiatly, and the more blades you send the cheaper is the price per blade, vets usually send at least 6>15 blades each time.

You see I am the fly in the ointment jar in the sharpening industry, I was the second person in Australia that started clipper blade sharpening just behind Kramar back in the 1978, BBI Sydney came next, so did Charlie, the rest came after us many years later, my prices are the lowest around (1980 prices), other sharpeners charge anything from $10>$14 plus GST, $10 is a good price! my prices are below that, the reason my prices are lower is I sharpen with a fully automatic machine, and it is full proof, you only have to do it once, these days if you don't sharpen smarter it is time to get out of the industry, and they would dearlly love me to up my prices, so they can up their prices, but I won't, well, not yet.

I make them look like they are ripping you guys off, well infact they are not, it takes them a lot longer to sharpen your blades, and when they do that, they are wearing your blades out prematurely, by keep trying to get it right, they only work on a 75% success rate, I only take 000.2th of a " of each surface, and the blade is crisp/hollow ground, and will last for ages 100%.

The other sharpeners use machines I sold 20 years ago, and I won't use them again.

If you want advise about a sharpener ask them if the have a fully automatic machine first. There are not to many in Australia.

I also offer all my customers a similar same deal if they join my website, if they wish, that allows me the privilege to be able to send them a newsletter each month legally, and I pay for the privilege to do so.

Thank you for your kindness. :mad

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :mad

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :(:laugh::rofl::(:rofl::):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :)

My pleasure - am simply returning the kindness you have showed to us :)

Hi stormie I am glad you asked that question.

The answer is, in fact I do offer vets a very good discount, because their blades are normally only #40's which are smaller than other type of blades, and don't use as much wear on the sharpening plate as larger type blade do, I adjust it appropiatly, and the more blades you send the cheaper is the price per blade, vets usually send at least 6>15 blades each time.

You see I am the fly in the ointment jar in the sharpening industry, I was the second person in Australia that started clipper blade sharpening just behind Kramar back in the 1978, BBI Sydney came next, so did Charlie, the rest came after us many years later, my prices are the lowest around (1980 prices), other sharpeners charge anything from $10>$14 plus GST, $10 is a good price! my prices are below that, the reason my prices are lower is I sharpen with a fully automatic machine, and it is full proof, you only have to do it once, these days if you don't sharpen smarter it is time to get out of the industry, and they would dearlly love me to up my prices, so they can up their prices, but I won't, well, not yet.

I make them look like they are ripping you guys off, well infact they are not, it takes them a lot longer to sharpen your blades, and when they do that, they are wearing your blades out prematurely, by keep trying to get it right, they only work on a 75% success rate, I only take 000.2th of a " of each surface, and the blade is crisp/hollow ground, and will last for ages 100%.

The other sharpeners use machines I sold 20 years ago, and I won't use them again.

If you want advise about a sharpener ask them if the have a fully automatic machine first. There are not to many in Australia.

I also offer all my customers a similar same deal if they join my website, if they wish, that allows me the privilege to be able to send them a newsletter each month legally, and I pay for the privilege to do so.

Colin is well know in the industry and was a competitor of mine a few years ago. Although we have not met, Colin and his wife Jenny have a reputation for doing charitable work, and to this I commend them. I have heard stories of him sharpening blades and repairing clippers for needy customers at no charge. He's not rich from what he says, but I gather it is a life style he enjoys.

I'm not doubting his work. I'm sure he offers a great service.

I just found it amusing that he's spent a good part of this thread bagging vets and their charges, yet will offer those who can prove to be vets, a discount on his services, so assuming those who aren't vets, pay more!

Edited by stormie