Trixie Possibly Has Cancer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're confident? OR the pathologist examined the margins and noted they were clean?

The margins are clean :thumbsup: I forgot the terminology!

That is good news Ruth... Sp glad there are clean margins (that is important terminology) :thumbsup:

Ollie has had 2 major surgeries like that - the first one was down his rump and the second one was around his stomach.. It is pretty shocking to see how much they have to take...

Do you think it'll be visible when the hair grows back?

Glad they got it all! My boy had a lump removed late last year that ended up being harmless. The size of the cut was 1/3 to 1/4 the size of Trixie's and he has a pretty obvious scar now. However he probably has a thinner coat and we had all sorts of drama with the stitches splitting open and having to be redone :( so that probably didn't help the healing process.

This is what it looks like now:

scar.jpg

(the long one, not the round ones)

I think it cost a similar amount too, I've deliberately blocked it out of my brain now even though it was covered by insurance :laugh: The vet I went to is very expensive though, I went with them knowing they generally do a good job and wanted to make sure the scarring was minimal. Clearly didn't work :thumbsup:

Edited by jaybeece

Wow, what an incision, hope she is well on the road to recovery and all is positive in future. Those little lumps, you just dont know do you? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by dianed

I'm glad they got it all Ruth :laugh:

Took Diesel to the vet to look at his lump as it has gotten bigger. Did fine needle aspirate and the lab thinks that it is benign and most likely due to chronic inflammation, which makes sense (and is what the vet suspected) as it is just above the patch on his flank that he chews, so on the border of where his skin becomes normal again. Of course they have suggested removal and further histopathology, not sure when we'll do that though (let OH sleep on it for a while) as it is likely to be expensive. I am so happy they think benign though!