White Tongue & Black Spot

Hi All

Our 12 week old lab has just had her needle and the vet checked her out yesterdayThe vet asked if she kept licking or trying to bite her tounge bcause it was white and rough looking.

It has a black spot on it which i am not sure what it is or if it was there when the vet checked her Yesterday.

Just wondering what it maybe. Man those little teeth are sharp when trying to hold open the mouth and take a pic

Pic Attached

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp150/T...roljosh/008.jpg

Thanks

Edited by BlackLab

Can't help you with the white spot thing, but that big black spot is quite normal - some say it's a sign the dog has excellant pigment. Old time hunters in NZ (pig hunting) said it meant the dog had a "hard mouth" - not sure how you'd apply that to a Labrador! ;)

What do you feed? Looks like the tounge is covered in something.

I agree. Milk? Although if that were the case, it shouldn't be there for long. Is it possible that it is thrush? Stabbing in the dark so don't panic about it, as I'm likely to be wrong.

ETA: I think you did well to take that photo single-handedly. My memories of my (now 1 yo) boy's puppy teeth are still very vivid and I still carry the scars of puppy teeth marks on my hand LOL!

Edited by Erny

What do you feed? Looks like the tounge is covered in something.

I agree. Milk? Although if that were the case, it shouldn't be there for long. Is it possible that it is thrush? Stabbing in the dark so don't panic about it, as I'm likely to be wrong.

ETA: I think you did well to take that photo single-handedly. My memories of my (now 1 yo) boy's puppy teeth are still very vivid and I still carry the scars of puppy teeth marks on my hand LOL!

Glad black spot isn't a problem ;)

No milk involved. She has been on pasta and vegies with a handfull of dry. Also gets chicken wing or neck or carcus.

It took about 10 shots to get that photo, and a little bit of pain :rofl::rofl:

Have to go back to vet in 4 weeks to get 3rd injection so will wait and see what happens with white on tongue.

Edited by BlackLab

Glad black spot isn't a problem ;)

No milk involved. She has been on pasta and vegies with a handfull of dry. Also gets chicken wing or neck or carcus.

It took about 10 shots to get that photo, and a little bit of pain :rofl::rofl:

Have to go back to vet in 4 weeks to get 3rd injection so will wait and see what happens with white on tongue.

Get rid of the pasta. Dogs don't need grains.

Why dogs don't need grains