Club Needed Urgently

A friend of mine who lives in Mill park has just left her Club at Warringal (Spelling) and Is looking for a new club reasonably close to her place to train her dog in Obed and Agility.. Northcote is out as they train on saturday..

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

A friend of mine who lives in Mill park has just left her Club at Warringal (Spelling) and Is looking for a new club reasonably close to her place to train her dog in Obed and Agility.. Northcote is out as they train on saturday..

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

What about Knox Obedience Dog CLub?

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

What about Knox Obedience Dog CLub?

unfortunatly its a tad far.. but thanks anyway

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!

Northern ODC train at Moonee Ponds - not *too* far from Mill Park

Easter Suburbs train at Mitcham on a Sunday I think,

But the best for your friend (Geographically!) I think would be Warringal ODC - they train out your friends way and I think training is on a Sunday.

ETA - Sorry! Just re-read OP post and learned your friend just left Warringal.

Edited by jerojath

Obedience is relatively easy to get into but if she is looking towards trialing for agility then it's a bit more difficult.

She would be best to put her name down at Agility Dog Club of Vic if she is serious about it, it's approx 6-7mths wait.

Alternatively Croydon Obedience have a great agility program, if she feels like a drive. :)

Wiltja Dog Obedience Club train on Sundays at Bundoora park but from when I was they did not train agility.

They had the equipment and bought it out most weekends and allowed the classes to work on it but did not have a class specifically for learning it.

The again I have not been there for 4 years so it may have changed since then.

Wiltja Dog Obedience Club train on Sundays at Bundoora park but from when I was they did not train agility.

They had the equipment and bought it out most weekends and allowed the classes to work on it but did not have a class specifically for learning it.

Do we have any details on that club.. cos thats sounding really good atm! Thanks all

Then again I have not been there for 4 years so it may have changed since then.

Do we have any details on that club.. cos thats sounding really good atm! Thanks all

This is the link to their site.

http://www.wdoc.com.au/

I live on the border and have left Warringal for work related reasons.

Why is everyone leaving? Its actually better than most other clubs around this area, and I have been to them all. (my opinion anyway :) )

I often train at the parks along Civic drive, if anyone wants to join me, I could use doggy distractions and training partners.

Probably the closest club to you would be Craigieburn DOC or as mentioned Wiltja.

I went down for a test run of Wiltja, and although the class sizes were a bit too big, what they were teaching was ok, although they only train to basic levels and do not teach dog sports.

Warringal has a few elite level triallers there, and they are very knowledgeable people.

Personally i rather not say on here.

If you PM me, i could do with a doggy distraction too. My GR is pretty advanced, she is nearly at Obedience trialling stage but she can be a bit nervy on her drops. She hates doing them and usually will not do them until she gets a second command.

I have listened to why my firend left that club and I would have too long ago.. It just really ddin't work for her and shes rather annoyed... But we'll see how the new club goes!

I know who you are talking bout :thumbsup:

And she had pleanty good enough reason to leave! Good on her for leaving I say, If it was me I wouldn't have stuck it out that long :laugh:

Thanks everyone for helping her :)

Yes, Warringal are losing their grounds. University isnt renewing the lease and piece by piece are taking back land. They are saying within 2 yrs but yeah i dont know. It'll be pretty hard to find a ground that big again.

Nah they don't, well not when I was there 6-12 months ago. They do have some agility equipment, but more for fun than training.

Not a bad club, but it's very limited when you hit advanced obedience. Me and my boy were in the highest class and got bored as they had nothing new to teach. I strongly disliked one of the trainers though and one of the others was very unwise in the way he handled dog aggression (my reason for leaving).

EDIT: also agree with Dogdude, some of the class sizes are way too big.

Knox is great, but probably way too far for her. Croydon is a hike, but quite not as far and I'm enjoying it so far there.

Edited by jaybeece

thanks sam! didnt know u did this. i have decided to go to diamond valley dog club. i will hopefuly return to agility when rusty is a little bit older. thank you to everyone. i will hopefully be trialing at teh next obedeince trial

Nice of you to join us Lol. Told you i'd help you find a club. Dol is the best place to find information when google is lacking. . Glad you found a club! You guys will be great with some better instruction which hopefully you'll get now!