(uk) Eleventh Hour Mercy Plea To Save Death Row Dog Bruce

shel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there is another court case for Bruce tomorrow. I hope he gets to go home. Good luck Bruce and family.

Linky

Saving Bruce...Update March 2010

On Tuesday 9th March 2010 a further appeal hearing will take place to determine the future of a Bruce "a good dog".

Bruce was seized on 19th September 2007 under the Dangerous Dogs Act (DDA) 1991. His crime was simply the way he looked. Bruce has never hurt anyone nor shown any aggression to anyone. Dog friendly and people friendly Bruce has been held in secret kennels for nearly 3 years at the taxpayers expense. While in the kennels Bruces health suffered greatly and he had to have his tail amputed. Despite this his temprement is still fantastic.

Its time Bruce went home where his family and waiting and hoping.

For more information on the story so far please see the links below.

• 4 months later...

There is some talk that Bruce is going to be released to a rescue group across the border. His release gets a mention here,

Visit My Website

"East Galway Animal Rescue (EGAR) has said today that the court will allow Bruce to go to their sanctuary in Eire (across the border-he is currenly held in kennels in Northern Ireland) with conditions. More news to follow! "

The release information is announced here on the facebook page of the rescue group. You need to scroll down to the 2 July posted at 7:13

Visit My Website

" VICTORY!! I don't know how many of you know about Bruce's plight in NI. I got involved fairly early on and today I got the phone call I never thought I would get: the judge ordered that Bruce is to be released into my custody!!!!! This is a legal precendence and a kick in the teeth for DDA supporters in NI."

It is stated in the last link, the facebook link, that there is some stipulation that he is not to be released to his owners even if they shift across the border to RoI. Shame, but at least he is finally being released. Hope he has a great life now. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!!!!

bowing down in thanks to the Dog Gods.

may bruce have the life and love he so richly deserves. being a Dog he will of course forgive us our trespasses as humnans.. pity we so often fail to live up the their standards

Helen