Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, not many Bullmies this time around. I know it's Leo and the younger boy, wonder if it's the other girl from training there too.

Thanks for the numbers!

I hope Leo clears up by the weekend, we were so looking forward to it :laugh:

How was training?

how bad is leo's hotspot jessm? is it in a very noticable spot? u may be able to get away with still showing him!

took kite to show training yesty and she did alright towards the end thou she lost the plot LOL she had a great time playing with a lovely beagle baby whose first show is this weekend!

hope its not too hot this weekend! i dont want to run too much if its very hot!

For anyone who's not sure, the shows at Hillsborough this weekend are as follows:

Friday 13th Nov, 4pm - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

Saturday 14th Nov, 9am - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

Saturday 14th Nov, 3pm - Newcastle Terrier & Toy Club

Sunday 15th Nov, 8.30am - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

(Everyone but me probably has that all straight, but I had no idea until I just looked up my entries....) :rainbowbridge:

For anyone who's not sure, the shows at Hillsborough this weekend are as follows:

(Everyone but me probably has that all straight, but I had no idea until I just looked up my entries....) :offtopic:

The Ark - where do you find the show information date/places or is this info only for members?

(Everyone but me probably has that all straight, but I had no idea until I just looked up my entries....) :offtopic:

The Ark - where do you find the show information date/places or is this info only for members?

The shows are listed in the DogsNSW gazette each month. All members receive this gazette.

You have to be a member to show your dog.

how bad is leo's hotspot jessm? is it in a very noticable spot? u may be able to get away with still showing him!

took kite to show training yesty and she did alright towards the end thou she lost the plot LOL she had a great time playing with a lovely beagle baby whose first show is this weekend!

hope its not too hot this weekend! i dont want to run too much if its very hot!

It isn't too bad, it isn't pus-e (I don't know how to spell that lol, I typed it first with two s's and that definitely isn't right :offtopic: ) or gooey, seems to be starting to scab over. There's two of them, on his back. They are probably just the size of a 5c piece...I'm so glad I noticed them early though so they didn't get to ick. I am just bathing them of a night in salty water and in the mean time putting curash baby powder on them...anyone know if this is ok? Anything else I could be doing? He is on antibiotics aswell...didn't really want them but the vet insisted (I think I have a hard time saying no!). Next time i'll know what i'm doing though! If i'm still unsure about them tomorrow night i'm going to post photos so you'se can tell me what I should do!

I agree about the heat, this week seems to be getting hotter and hotter. I am going to pass out in the middle of the ring :rofl: ..I am definately ordering Leo a cool coat next pay.

I'm just curious whether any of the newbies have encountered show ring politics yet, if so what was it and why do you think it happened?

Obviously no names/details etc.

I've heard a lot of talk about the politics of showing dogs and I'm wondering if it's relatively avoidable.