Just Had Oscar Desexed

Oscar was desexed last week, and a couple of days later hes humping everything he can find. Hes also getting a big penis lol ok my question is I thought having him desexed would prevent this? Could it be from the extra blood flow to that area from the operation? or he just being a boy?

I'd say he's just being a boy.... I've had three male dogs in the past in the backyard at the same time, all desexed and all tryingto hump each other.

Humping is also a sign of dominance I believe.

Moose was humping again within a day of his de-sexing op but it did subside in about 2 weeks. He was de-sexed nearly 2 months ago and now only humps when excited after lots of play time. Maybe once a week. Much better than the every 5 minutes pre-surgery!!

Give it some more time but as others have said, sometimes surgery won't stop the humping.

How much does de-sexing cost? I know it's best to get it done when the puppy is as young as possible, but what age is best?

Regards,

Matthew

Matthew you'll probably get various answers to the best age to desex. Some people think it's better to wait until they are a bit older. I usually recommend 6 months old to puppy buyers. And the cost will vary a lot by the size of your dog and the vet. Just reread that and it sounds like the size of your vet matters :happydance: I mean vets will vary with their prices.