Wee Wee Wee Wee

cliffandmandy

I have had a bit of a search but was wondering if anyone has any ideas. We have a 6 month old Lab Stanley, he has just started urinating in doors, He is crate trained and toilet trained (or so I thought). Today we have come back from the beach and short while later I noticed small multiple puddles of wee. I took him outside and he had a good long wee, it looks clear and no smell (no I did not have my nose down whilst he was busy). Later on whilst I was out and the OH was with him she noticed he did the same again. There does not appear to be any discomfort when he wee's

He has had his bits done and had his stiches out just over a week ago, wondering if he could have a UTI but as said he is always clear looking and what has happened indoors has no smell.

Any thoughts :cry:

I would take a specimen to the vets to get tested as a 1st step. Ask the vet if this is common after a neuter? If everything turns out ok, it's back to basics. Take him out regularly, watch him inside & praise for the job done outside.

I just went through something similar with a young foster dog who had seemed to be housetrained. Suddenly started pooping and weeing EVERYWHERE. We went to the vet and she went on a week's course of antibiotics - end of problem! She had colic. I think this could be an infection, it's close to his desexing so I'd go back and see the vet.

As a labrador owner....

Was this just after he had been to the beach? Has he done this any other time?

Most of my young dogs have accidents after the beach until they get used to it because they simply drink way too much water! Lots of toilet breaks and they are fine and over time they work that out and seem to drink less but I'm sure we bought half the bay's water back in one effort when the girls were little!

That being said if it has happened at another time I would seek help!

As a labrador owner....

Was this just after he had been to the beach? Has he done this any other time?

Most of my young dogs have accidents after the beach until they get used to it because they simply drink way too much water! Lots of toilet breaks and they are fine and over time they work that out and seem to drink less but I'm sure we bought half the bay's water back in one effort when the girls were little!

That being said if it has happened at another time I would seek help!

Sorry I have not replied to any suggestions, its a bit hard getting onto the computer these days,

All is back to normal on wee front, yes Alanglen you were dead right it was straight after beach, we did wonder if its the salt content that could throw them out but all ok now and no more problems even though he has returned to the beach and tried drinking it dry again. Also the amount of sand that he brings back I am sure the environmentalists would be complaining about Stanley :)

Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions.