Goodbye Buddy, You Were My Boy!

bacismumma

I tried to write this last night but I couldnt think of the words to write.

Some of you may have remembered Buddy from the rescue threads a few months back now, an 8 year old labby with severely neglected ears that

caught my eye from the day I first saw him and stole my heart the moment I met him.

He was a hit with my doggy clan when he arrived home with me and from that day he became " my boy"

he was with us for a good 6 weeks or more before a perfect family came along for him.

As he drove away in the car with his head out the window staring at me as if to say " mum why are you not coming" my heart broke.

Whilst I love all my fosters that come here to stay, there was something about the boy that melted me.

He had such a rotten life quite obviously and was now being treated as he should be, and he knew he had it good here and thanked me for it, i seen it in his eyes.

Fast track a couple of months down the track and Buddys family had decided after many vet visits and behaviour problems that it was best Buddy comes back to us.

Buddy since being with them was becoming a bit of a cranky pants out on walks, was suffering seizures, not to mention his hearing was limited and his eyes now developing cataracts.

After careful consideration it was decided it was best for my boy to go over the bridge :rofl:

Yesterday we spent the best part of the day in the sunshine, on a blanket under a tree, eating fresh lamb shanks ( him not me)and having belly rubs and snuggling.

He was content and beautiful and the closer to the time it got, the bigger the lump in my throat got.

I told him about the bridge, how he would run free with all the others that had crossed, there would be no more pain for him and he could eat endless schmackoes and shanks till his heart desired

Yesterday afternoon as we lied together in his last moments, Buddy crossed the bridge and a little of my heart went with him.

Im sorry boy, I loved you, you knew it.

See you again one day

:wave:

post-16447-1251110063_thumb.jpg

post-16447-1251110966_thumb.jpg

Edited by bacismumma

bacismumma, my heart goes out to you. What a big heart you had to give Buddy a second chance, you saw past the damaged ears - so many wouldn't have been able to. And when he needed you again, you didn't hesitate and no matter how much it hurt, you did the right thing for Buddy.

RIP dear boy, you were well loved.

bacismumma, my heart goes out to you. What a big heart you had to give Buddy a second chance, you saw past the damaged ears - so many wouldn't have been able to. And when he needed you again, you didn't hesitate and no matter how much it hurt, you did the right thing for Buddy.

RIP dear boy, you were well loved.

Ditto what dogmad said.

:thumbsup: Run free Buddy and be happy now that you've experienced real love.