Swallowed Part Of The Zipper.

luffy4688

Hi, just realised Bailey chewed off and swallowed part of the zipper strap on his pillow cushion. :laugh: It's the type where there's a cushion inside protected by a casing with zip. It most probably happen just an hour or 2 ago as if I could recall I did remember seeing it still there before that. But if could have happen before that. I could have already come out in his poop today.

I'll be monitoring his poop tomorrow to check if there's anything. I was wondering if there's anything I should be aware of in the meantime and would the zipper strap hurt/cut his intestines etc since it's metal? Doesn't feel sharp but I'm still worried.

God, I've learned my lesson to never get pillows or cushions with zips anymore. It was on specials at the local pet store. :mad

make sure he is eating well.. and yes, watch his poo for the next few days. ANY sign of him being uncomfortable or 'off.. contact the vet.

How much did he eat? 1/2 cm. ,3 cm, ??.... if it's a tiny piece it should sail straight through..

glad you have now learnt a lesson .no zips, buttons, ties anywhere near pups :laugh:

Edited by persephone

make sure he is eating well.. and yes, watch his poo for the next few days. ANY sign of him being uncomfortable or 'off.. contact the vet.

How much did he eat? 1/2 cm. ,3 cm, ??.... if it's a tiny piece it should sail straight through..

glad you have now learnt a lesson .no zips, buttons, ties anywhere near pups :laugh:

Thanks. His pooped this morning, but no zipper inside. Definitely a lesson learnt. Will continuing monitoring his situation.

Has he pooped that zipper yet? If it doesn't show up soon and he shows any signs of abdominal pain or stops pooing please go to the vet.

He has not pooped the zipper yet. :) He still behaving perfectly normal though. How much longer should I wait?

That's great news. The no. of times I've been worried about what Tilba may have eaten is beyond belief.

:o Exact same over here. Being a 1st puppy owner makes me worried even more as sometimes it's a debate should I just wait and check on his poop or should he go to the vet straight away.