5437 From Blacktown Pound - See Pics Of Her Safe

How does she get on with your other dogs?

Not sure yet as I am keeping her seperated for the first few weeks. They should be fine. Gypsy my oldest girl is the pack leader, if she accepts her the others will follow suit. So here's hoping. Sammy has seen her from a distance (collie x ret), and seems quiet interested to meet her, she stands there wagging looking at him and he wags too. So fingers crossed.

When they are ready I will intoduce them one on one with her and see how they go, I cant see any real problems arising, so long as Gypz approves :bolt:

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off subject a bit. But how is Phoenix going. Has he found his forever home??

Yes Pheonix found his home some months ago now, doing well last I heard, they loved him at first sight. They were a young family, seemed very decent people, they also have another dog who Pheonix apparently loves and vice versa. ;)

I seem to be attracted to the Kelpie and Border x's dont I? (and ofcoarse huskies :eek: ) But dont worry I have bought everything home from a chihuahua x pug to a German Shep, even a mallie :D I am not fussed by breed, so long as they have a nice nature and are in genuine need..... :cry:

And I get updates often from the dogs I have adopted out and all are very pleased with their new K9 additions.

Believe it or not the mallie girl went to a paraplegic man and his parents and they love her to death, he was looking for a mallie for some time and when he saw her ad fell in love with her and knew she was the one. Apparently he cried when he saw her ad :eek: which I thought was sooo sweet. They absolutely cherish her, likewise for Dylan a husky boy who was surrended with 2 smaller dogs, one of whom was adopted the other PTS, Dylan was almost PTS too ;) Dylan (Previously Demon) went to a beautiful family and even has a little doggy friend. :(

Oh then there was Buffy (now Sally :( ) a staffy female listed as 6-12mths but actually 2 yrs! she went to an older couple in the Blue Mtns, they have a small hobby farm with sheep and Sally is fine, they often ring just to chat and rave on about her. They adore her. The list goes on. Maybe I should write a book :)

Oh and Pheonix, is now named Jet. :(

Edited by k9angel

Hi all, Jasmine is happy & well. She pigged out on chicken wings today :laugh: She still hasnt barked, I suppose I shouldnt be complaining. :laugh: But still I would love to hear her, out of curiositys sake more than anything. When I took her outside tonight for toilies, she heard something (a twig dropped from the tree as it was so windy) :thumbsup: her ears pricked and I thought here we go, she is going to bark, I waited and waited, she stood there like a statue with her ears pricked but no bark....

I cant believe she has been here 2 weeks already gee that time has gone by so fast. In the mornings she greets us all with the biggest wags now. :thumbsup: she had a game with a bug of some sort in the garden today, I love it when her ears prick, she looks so cute and trust me not to have the camera on me - a first.... :laugh: She sat on my lap for ages tonight lapping up pats and as soon as I 'd stop the nose would nudge me to start again - she loves affection. Poor girl, probably hasnt had much of it in her life, the only hand she's prob felt is one smacking her. :laugh: Not anymore :thumbsup: .

And she isnt shy when meeting visitors, she is actually quiet forward. She'll go up to them wagging happily. Anything for a pat I guess..... :thumbsup: I am still in shock at how obedient she is off the lead in the garden, she comes straight to you when called and drops in a sit position at your feet, gazing up at you, she doesnt move until you do, she is very clever, If I take 3 steps and stop, she does the same. If I walk to the other side of the yard, she is right beside me, and stops when I do.

Its incredible. She doesnt seem interested in a ball, or any toys for that matter, just human company. :mad

Jasmine is doing great! She has been here almost 3 weeks and has improved so much since the first day she arrived.

She is a happier, more confident girl. She was so excited tonight before her walk, she ran about so happy, she even plays now. There is still work to do yet but I am so glad she is getting some spirit back.

Makes it all so worth it. Her and Jack still are still the best of mates. I havent introduced her to my pack yet I will soon though :laugh:

Atm she is on the loungeroom floor munching on a bone. Usually they arent allowed to eat on the loungeroom floor, but she is :( She would never do that before, previously she'd stand at her bowl waiting for the go ahead to eat, now she helps herself and even feels confident enough to move the food, knowing she wont get into any trouble.

She is such a softy....... we love her so, she is no trouble whatsover. And she stiiiiiiillllllll hasnt barked :p

Is it common for people to have their voice box removed???? :doh: I think I heard of this horrible practise years ago but cannot comprehend how anyone could do it. Surely she would of barked now, after almost 3 weeks?????

I hope they didnt do that to her, poor darling but nothing would surprise me these days.

She loves the sun. One of her favourite pastimes when we are outside, sun baking :laugh: oh and she sooo loves to roll on the grass, makes me think she didnt see much of it before????? who knows.

We were outside today in the garden and because I hosed, (my fault) bee's came from everywhere :D I had to rush Jack inside and in the process forgot poor Jasmine. 10-15 mins later I realised she wasnt at my feet and thought I wonder where she is? as she likes to camp on the bunk bed and nap sometimes. As I went to check, I spotted her sprawled out on the front porch, fast asleep. ;) Poor girl must of been waiting to come back inside, gave up and went to sleep. I opened the door and she rushed in wagging. :eek: I have a fence/gate at the front so she wasnt in danger of wondering off, though if she was that way inclined she could of, no problem. But she is a sweety, she knows where her home is.....

The following pics taken tonight

3971742128_6110f9751c.jpg

Jack spots a moth, Jasmine thinks its funny

3971743516_a9c609ee71.jpg

The leg lifts at the slightest touch :o

3971742858_b1c8a638f1.jpg

"Ahhh C'mon" she's thinking "Havent you seen a moth before?".... :p

3971061555_b3d8191b08.jpg

And here is a pic I sneaked around the corner. She had chicken frames for dinner, but snacking on a bone now.... and she always has a bowl of kibble on offer. :o

Edited by k9angel

Jasmine has been here 3 weeks tommorow. She is doing great.

I introduced her to my girl, her majesty Gypsy :rainbowbridge: and couldnt believe it! they are fine.

They sniffed eachother for a little bit, Gyps being the dominant one she is, gave her a couple of dirty looks but because Jaz is so submissive, she just turned away and gypz thought hmmmm this is good, she isnt a challenge or threat to me.

Atm, Jaz is sleeping next to bubs and Gypz is at my feet. :laugh: there are no issues at all.

So I guess Jasmine is here to stay - for good..... :cry:

some pics of their first meeting to come later - when I get a spare minute or 2. Peak hour here atm, :cry:

3976188431_b86c5fc3ed.jpg

The initial meeting, as you can see Jasmine is VERY submissive, there was no problems :cheer:

3976188435_eb554e5131.jpg

Around around a circle like a teddy bear - the bum sniffing chase :thumbsup:

3976188443_36a4b7b1cb.jpg

and at the end of the night here they are..... :D

There hasnt been any probs to date they are getting along just fine. I have to say I am very pleased with both Gypsy and Jasmines progress tonight.

3987266874_b7f08fb9c8.jpg

As you can see Jasmine & Gypsy have become quiet the mates. :rofl: I couldnt believe it when they started sleeping next to eachother on the lounge.

She still hasnt barked :laugh: although came close the other day, I was playing with the baby jumping around and she went crazy playing, running around the house getting down on her 2 front paws, she almost barked, she came soooo close.

Today I caught her with one of Jacks toys in her mouth, I had to look twice, Jasmine with a toy???? :laugh: she has come a long way.

Bailey was giggling his head off today because he had the little silver bone on her collar, in his hands and her hair was tickling his face. :laugh: She loves snuggles from the kids and follows Jack around everywhere like a shadow. :rofl:

I am surprised Gypz took to her so well, she's funny with other dogs, some she likes, others she doesnt, she is the Queen here. The leader of the Pack. :rofl:

Edited by k9angel

4000845574_b6261bc19c.jpg

Just get a gander at these 2! I never thought I'd see the day. Since being introduced Jasmine and Gypsy have become quiet good friends. The other morning I found them both up under the cot, sleeping. :)

Because Gypz is an older girl and has difficulty getting up on the bed now, sweet Jasmine choses to stay with her on the lounge or like the other morning, under the cot, I think this is terribly sweet of her.

Jasmine plays now and is a totally different girl. She races around, daring you to chase her. :p

She still hasnt barked, I seriously think they took her voice box out :( she is an attention freak! :thumbsup: always rubbing up against you for a pat, rolling over on her belly or nudging your hand to say c'mon here I am, PAT ME! :D

She loves her walks and poops in the same place everytime :rofl: she is so soft and gentle on the lead, a dream to walk. Were very happy with her and I am sure it goes both ways, she seems to of settled very well and seems very happy with us. We love her dearly. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Jasmine has settled well.

She barked today for the FIRST time!!! :) Took a while but at least I know she does have a voice box in there. :thumbsup:

Her and Gypz get along great, much better than I could ever have hoped or wished for. And her and Jack are still the best of mates. :p

As many of you would know Chloe (another Poundie :rofl: ) had 5 puppies almost a week ago. I cant wait until they are old enough (and vaccinated) so they can play with Jasmine too, I think it will do Jaz the world of good to be around some happy spirited pups :rofl:

Jasmine enjoys a daily walk and sits at your feet and lets you know when shes ready to go. Everyone (family & friends) adore her, even people she meets on the street cant help but to fall in love with her soft nature.

I am so glad we adopted her and I am sure she is just as pleased.....

4031257988_9321a9ee80.jpg

Jack & Jasmine - taken today - she is waiting for a sultana or piece of dried apricot to come her way :laugh:

Oh all the while getting a belly rub....

4031264610_b0cd99c3f4.jpg

and with Gypsy - taken today after they both had a brush

4030498947_2f45fd95aa.jpg

Our Jasmine - or should I say Jacks Jasmine :laugh: