• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guinea pig playtime - Jasmine isnt the least bit bothered by them

4046433786_e7361b97fc.jpg

Bailey has a Guinea under his arm and Jack has one, Jasmines watching on

4046433788_02d60d6659.jpg

Watches with interest she cant figure them out, but doesnt hurt or go after them

4046433782_115457e1d7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Its been about a mth since I last updated on Jasmines progress, so thought I would today! :laugh:

She is doing great. She has settled in like part of the family, we lover her dearly.... she is the sweetest, most perfect dog you could ask for!

I got some pics just now out in the garden. As you will see Jaz loves doing the froggy! whether inside on the tiles, the loungeroom floor or out in the grass - I think she is part frog. :D

She is a little nervous around Chloes pups but she is improving everyday.

4137418224_44057062f5.jpg

4137418220_f72e45d974.jpg

4137418218_56ca82e826.jpg

4137418214_67704bf12a.jpg

4137418208_6f94229f73.jpg

4137418200_92eedf7a7d.jpg

Oh and I googled pics of black border collies and look at the resemblence....

The one below is NOT Jasmine but a PB black border collie....

maybe she is pure? I dont know Iam no expert, either way we love her so....

4137452512_6158427e86_o.jpg

Edited by k9angel

Its been about a mth since I last updated on Jasmines progress, so thought I would today! :laugh:

She is doing great. She has settled in like part of the family, we lover her dearly.... she is the sweetest, most perfect dog you could ask for!

I got some pics just now out in the garden. As you will see Jaz loves doing the froggy! whether inside on the tiles, the loungeroom floor or out in the grass - I think she is part frog. :D

4137418214_67704bf12a.jpg

She is a stunner with the sweetest face. She sits like this because it shows off how beautiful her coat is :rofl:

4148890238_8db3fd90ed.jpg

Jasmine is getting into the Christmas spirit. :D

She didnt mind playing dress-ups actually.

When we were setting up the xmas tree :o on Sunday she was genuinely happy. Seriously you should of seen her.

Maybe she just senses Jacks excitement??? :laugh:

Then tonight we put some lights :nahnah: & decorations in the window and she was happy as larry, trotting about tail wagging. :sleep:

Its cute. Just like having another excited kid in the house. :p

(Ps as you can see I LOVE the Chrissy emoticons ;) )

Edited by k9angel

• 3 weeks later...

It has been 3 and a half mths since Jasmine joined our family!

She is doing fantastic, still quiet and shy but much better to when she first came home.

Jack still adores her and knows she is his dog. :(

Last night we went for a drive to Greystanes to see the Christmas lights. Me, Jack and Jasmine. :confused:

She sat in the middle baby sit, front legs hanging over the front, smile from ear to ear all the way!!! :confused: It was a camera moment, but I had forgotten the camera at home. *sigh*

Anyways when we got there (this is the house that won the 2GB Christmas lights comp) we got out of the car.

There were stacks of people there to see this house and OMG, it was beautiful!

Jasmine took it in her stride and pranced along, proud as punch.

There was a man with an older staffy there on a lead. His dog and Jasmine were face to face tails wagging. Best of friends. Everyone adored Jasmine. I didnt mention the fact she had come so close to death at the pound. :( Kids and adults alike were in awe of her. And she lapped up every second. :eek:

It was cute, as we drove in the car, and would pass a house with Xmas lights, Jack would say to Jasmine "Did you see that Jasmine? - and he would answer himself and say "Oh Ok Jasmine" and then tell me "Mummy, Jasmine saw the Christmas lights too". ;) It was adorable. I had a smile from ear to ear all the way, myself.... :rofl::rainbowbridge::happydance:

I just read this thread from start to finish and it's absolutely wonderful. I had tears in my eyes and then a big grin and laughed. A lovely way to spend a few idle minutes on the net. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of this gorgeous girl and all the other dogs that luckily find their way into your life. You are a truly fantastic person. :rofl:

Happy Christmas to you and your huge family :(:rainbowbridge:

• 1 month later...

Update: It has been about 7 months since Jasmines arrival.

Jasmine is doing great!

You would never believe it was the same girl!!! Her and Jack are still as close as ever.

Jasmine plays now, can you believe it? she sometimes picks up one of Jacks toys and carries it about.

It has been a long road for Jasmine to get this far and she even plays with other dogs now, instead of being afraid. :laugh:

She is a happy girl, she looooves her walks. Boy, does she get excited when the lead comes out.

She is still calm and shy at times, but overall she is well adjusted girl.

Oh and she still doesnt bark much. Probably 5 or 6 times in the 7 mths she has been here.

Not that I am complaining :) .

She doesnt cower or flinch much now and she doesnt startle at some of the LOUD noises Jack can make. :wave:

Her ears are held a little higher now, especially when were out walking! They are almost straight up.

Jasmine is such a beautiful girl. We are so Lucky to of found her.

I will attach some pics taken over the past few mths with her little mate, Jack.

4361390076_d881863b5f.jpg

4361390088_90aa21feec.jpg

She loves to do the froggy - I should say pancake :D as she lays flat out when she does, and sometimes, she'll sit with her front feet crossed as pictured above... A bit of a character our Jasmine. :(

4361390084_7c0560b7ce.jpg

This was taken the other day - Hmmmm - I can see you hiding Jasmine. :)

Her and Jack were at the bedroom window, behind the curtain.... ;) Jacks in there somewhere.

I have to add, Jack is sitting here with me now looking at pics and says of this one.. "Mummy Jasmine in cubby house".

Hmmm - so thats what it was all about. :wave:

4361390068_d5e513d3d8.jpg

With Jack & Bailey

4361390090_f74cab09e1.jpg

With her heart friend - Jack....

Have you ever met a dog that didn't take to Jack? You have yourself a little dog whisperer in the makings there k9angel...

So lovely to see updates of sweet Jasmine - she's a beautiful girl, and she and Jack make a perfect "heart" pair... true little soulmates...

T.

Have you ever met a dog that didn't take to Jack? You have yourself a little dog whisperer in the makings there k9angel...

So lovely to see updates of sweet Jasmine - she's a beautiful girl, and she and Jack make a perfect "heart" pair... true little soulmates...

T.

Yes they are the perfect pair! :rolleyes:

Its always "Jasmine this, Jasmine that - Can Jasmine come too?" :(

And she is always close behind him.

I believe all kids should have their own, special dog. And Jack couldnt of found a more deserving and special friend than Jasmine. She is so loyal to him. :mad

• 2 months later...

JUst a little update on our Jasmine girl.

She has been here almost 8 months now. Gee time flies. As some of you may of read, Bobby Dazzler found a home on the weekend and has since moved on leaving Jasmine feeling sad and a little lost without her buddy. I have to say having Bob around really helped to bring JAsmine out of her shell more. He was such a happy boy, always cheerful and always liking to play. He oozed with confidence and I am glad to say much of it rubbed off onto JAsmine and has made her alot more confident too now.

Anyways today I had Luki out most of the day and he and Jasmine got on really well. She actually played with him. It seemed to cheer her up somewhat and probably took her mind off Bobby for a little while at least. She is ok, just fretting a little. Those 2 were joined at the hip.

Here are some pics of her taken today and in the past weeks...

4600279787_28b3ba649c.jpg

Luki waits patiently for Jack to acidently drop a chip :confused:

4600279797_ce1c949fa1.jpg

Jasmine goes one better and joins Jack on the lounge :(

Couple more to come - flickr is playing games again

Edited by k9angel