What Is Sudden Death?

Ok so I am new to obedience so forgive me if this is a very obvious question!

Looking at some trial schedules it says Sudden death if entries exceed 30

What does this mean? If your dog fails an exercise you are excused from the ring then and there and don't get to finish the trial?

You don't really have to worry about it in WA. The only sudden death ones must be advertised as such and are usually only envoked when entries are excessively high.

The upcoming Nationals there are 40 dogs entered in Open. They will be utilizing the second open judge leaving only 20 in each open class and this number doesn't constitute the use of the sudden death rule.

I believe in NSW you fail an exercise and you must leave the ring (correct me if I am wrong). This doesn't happen here ;)

I think the sudden death in NSW is for Sydney Metro trials. (I know a friend usually does trials outside the Sydney Metro area for that reason ;) .) The Sydney Metro area could be quite large though, I think - it incldues Wollongong AFAIK.

I believe in NSW you fail an exercise and you must leave the ring (correct me if I am wrong). This doesn't happen here :rofl:

I think they've recently changed that rule - I was stewarding at a trial (metro sydney) last weekend and the judge allowed the people who NQed to complete another exercise. There weren't that many entries though - I think we had about 20 in our open ring.