10 Facts About ...

ruthless

2304061257590353.JPG

10 Facts about Lola

1. Lola is a man's lady.

Lola attracts men, I have no idea what it is about her, but far more men will come over for a pat than women.

2. Lola needs a hanky.

She will almost always sneeze on new people when they pick her up. It never fails to disgust.

3. Lola keeps me up at night.

Both dogs sleep crated together in the loungeroom. If our bedroom door is open, she keeps me awake with her snoring - all the way down the other end of the house. There is no way she could sleep in our room.

4. Lola is naughty.

She won't let me clip her nails, she is a shocker. She will grunt, snort, cry, wiggle, scratch, hyperventilate and drop out all her coat. She's nuts.

5. Lola has a dodgy hip.

When she was six months old, she was diagnosed with Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, which is essentially a dying femoral head (top of the femur where it sits into the hip socket). She had surgery to remove the femoral head and now she skips and limps a bit when she has been running around. She is on Ester C, fish oil, glucosamine and cartrophen.

6. Lola is a nigel too.

Harry is her bestest and only bud. She annoys they crap out of him by chasing him and chewing on his ankles when he chases the ball. But they have curled up together every night since she was a puppy. She has no time for other dogs, and if they annoy her, they will feel the wrath of her bark. Scary stuff.

7. Lola is a lazy cow.

Some days I literally have to drag her out of the crate and make her go outside to pee. She would sleep the day away otherwise.

8. Lola swims like a brick.

She loves a swim, so bolts into the water. Slowly, her back end drops down, she becomes vertical, egg beaters away for a while and then that head goes under and it's all over. I have to go in and rescue her. Recently, we bought her a life jacket and although she feels embarrassed by it for 7 seconds, she soon gets over it and stays afloat in the water. I have a much nicer time at the beach now.

9. Lola thrives on a raw diet.

She gets right into salmon heads, lamb flaps and chicken frames. Even with a mouth like a wobbygong shark, she quite expertly handles meat on bone.

10. Lola takes after her mother.

We really have to watch her food intake. Just like me, she has the ability to put on 3kgs from walking past a bakery. Luckily I'm harder on her diet than my own and she is quite a lean little monster.

copyofp10107731257590276.JPG

Edited by huga

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this thread, loving it.

Here goes.

PB010091.jpg

10 things about Dollop

1.Dollop is worried about the upcoming stress of his first Christmas - the photo says it all.

2.Dollop is a ceasar baby - although his brother came into the world naturally. Maybe mum decided one was enough!

3.Dollop is a show dog - his first show was at exactly three months old and he took out baby puppy in group.

4.Dollop has a bra fetish - clean or dirty, he will steal them and stash them in his crate.

5.Dollop can swim - he discovered this when he followed Dozer too far into the water.

6.Dollop is teething - on Dozer, who seems to enjoy it - strange.

7.Dollop loves food - everything has the possibility of being edible, except bras.

8.Dollop was confused when he first met Dozer - her nipples didn't work. He gave up after a few days.

9.Dollop thinks the dining setting is shrinking - he used to be able to get under it to hide his toys from Dozer. Now, he doesn't fit so well.

10.Dollop enjoys housework - it appears that his aim in life is to be able to do the dishes.......................while they're in the sink.

PA240037.jpg

Edited by itsmeg

Next.....

P5090314.jpg

10 things about Dozer

1.Dozer loves everybody - she has never met a 'people' she didn't love. This includes the drunk derelicts trying to sleep in the park.

2.Dozer loves water - be it hose, tap, sprinkler, shower, toilet, beach or spa, she'll play.

3.Dozer once tried to catch a low-flying helicopter - not a chance in hell. At the time, I did think that if it was flying lower and she could jump a bit higher, she'd have a shot at bringing it down.

4.Dozer nested when she had her first season - on the couch with a collection of teddy bears. It looked cute until she got bored and played with (read, disembowelled) them.

5.Dozer ate a futon matress - well, shredded it, when she was younger. It looked like a foam bomb had gone off!

6.Thinks Dollop is a present for her - she was very excited that I brought him back home after his first vet visit.

7.Thinks she is a lap dog - and she is, all 50kgs of her.

8.Is a harlequin dane - and we had a little girl once say to me "I like your dog, she looks like a baby cow." I loved it.

9.Was confused when she first met Dollop - he was obsessed with her nipples for a few days. Two weeks later, she was lactating :(

10.Can hide a tennis ball - in her closed mouth!

PA310088.jpg

10 Facts about Riley

Riley-1.jpg

1. Riley is a people dog.

He loves people. When we picked him from the RSPCA at 9 weeks another couple had a ticket before us and had first pick out of the 2 puppies left. The lady that worked at the RSPCA told them to take the pup at the front, as the one at the back would be antisocial and won't like people. Luckily for us they took the dog at the front, as we wanted the pup at the back (Riley). We couldn't of got a better dog.

2. Riley was a smart puppy

He was toilet trained by the end of the day that we got him, and didn't have any accidents inside at all. Still hasn't at 8 years old.

3. Riley used to sit on the deck chairs backwards if he was naughty

Sometimes we'd home home to see Riley sitting backwards on the deck chair (he'd be facing the tall bit of the chair). When he was doing this we knew he'd dug a hole... :hug: It was so funny seeing him sitting there.

4. Riley loves all animals

He got on really well with our duck and rabbit and he loves our cat, and our bird. Our bird can land on his back and he doesn't care.

5. Riley is a woss

He hid under the dining table 2 nights ago because there was a fly flying round the lounge room.

6. Riley is spoilt.

He gets to road test alot of toys.

7. Riley is nearly 9

He is 9 on January 9th. We got him when we was 9 weeks.

8. Riley gets car sick, but loves the car

Thank god for maxalon tablets!

9. Riley loves his sleep

He'll sleep as long as we sleep. He sleeps in his bed next to our bed, and goes to bed when I go to bed, and gets up only when I get up. If im sick, or had a late night, he'll sleep in with me til 11am without stirring.

10. Riley has really long legs.

Everyone always comments on them :)

Edited by wagsalot

...Jet

315n56u.jpg

1. Jet was a Pet Shop Puppy - Before I knew anything about puppy mills or became a member of DOL (which I am now addicted too!) :hug: ... I layed eyes on Jet. I'd wanted a puppy for a while but never pursuded it. I knew he was the one for me. After alot of convincing of my father (I was living with my parents at the time) he finally caved in. As he said, I had a look in my eye. Love at first sight. No Regrets.

2. A Mummy's Boy - He gets excited every time I come home. He loves his cuddles & won't have a bar of OH if I am there. I guess he knows his Mummy will always be the sucker for him. He gets his own way alot :) I am trying to be tougher but those puppy eyes! Whenever I leave him in one side of the house with OH and I go somewhere he isn't allowed, he will cry his little heart out. He always gets up and follows me everywhere.. and I mean EVERYWHERE. If I move to the other side of the room so will he!

3. Injured leg - He is still only young but after only having him for a short period of time, he hurt his leg. The first opinion was that he had done something major and would be in pain for the rest of his life according to them. My heart broke. For the next 24 hours I was devasted and couldn't stop crying. The second opinion was that it was only a muscle now he is the strongest little fella after it healed himself.

4. Tennis Balls - He loves his tennis balls. Everytime I go outside he runs to get his tennis ball runs back to me then runs out the back. Indicating he wants to play!

5. Ladies Man - for the human and dog kind. He attracts them! :) One visit to the vet and he had all the vet nurses making a fuss over him.

6. Beach & Water - He loves the beach, and water. He will go swimming, sometimes a bit too far out! Chases the hose! I am glad I have a water baby.

7. Serial Chewer - When he was a bit younger he chewed.... phone cable, nearlly all my shoes, bug zapper cord, stereo cord... and alot more.

8. Mix of Everything - We were told by the Pet Shop he was a Fox Terrier Cross... Several people comment that he has Corgi or/and Border Collie in him. I have no idea what to say when people ask for the breed. Obviously he is larger than the normal Fox Terrier! What do you's think?

amb2xl.jpg

9. Food Driven - He will do anything to get food. Teaching him the "leave it" command has been an issue :eek: Its a plus when training in every other way. Several times we have caught him with his head in the bin!

10. Sleeping - He tends to sleep in weird positions :( Butter could melt in his mouth.

16azo01.jpg