A Lump...

Leithy

Hey I was wondering if anyone can help me out. My 17 week old dachshund standard x mini has a lump just above her right shoulder and I have no clue what it is. I am getting it checked out, but I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be other than an abcess?

There is no scab, it doesn't seem painful to touch and there is no change in her behaviour or eating habits.

Can dogs getty fatty tumour growths?

Any info would be great thanks

I'd suggets a vaccination lump as well given the position. It wouldn't necessarily be painful. Most just go away but I had one last for months.

Dogs do get fatty lumps, but that would be very young for them, I've only ever had them in geriatrics. They also get less benign tumours, but again not likely at that age.

Edited by Diva

yeh she has, but she never had a reaction before... i never thought of that,

it's not painful either?

I'd say that's what it is then.

Kei had them with both his 12 and 16 week boosters (C5) but surprisingly didn't have a reaction to his 8 week C3 which his breeders vet did. Both times the lump grew over a few days to quite a large size (around that of a golf ball) and then took over a month to disappear :thumbsup:

I've since been told to give him an antihistamine (sp?) tablet before his next shot to see if that prevents the reaction. I'll also be going with a C3 instead :D

If you're worried give your vet a call and they should be able to check it out for you :heart:

I took her to the vet and she said the same thing, it was probably the vaccination :wave: so she's fine and enjoying chewing on all the wrong things as per norm...

But my other pup has a ear infection. Poor thing!

Thanks for your wise words :)