Canine Disc Dog - Victoria

This sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I wish I had a dog that loved the frisbee :D

For some dogs it takes alittle while, but with the right rewards, some who showed no interest can be trained to play.

LOL. Like this one.........

Seriously.

Seriously??? Wow. :)

I think I might be broken... non of my dogs have ever been an avid ball, frisbee or anything chaser. :D China is the keenest of all, but she's definitely choosy in her chasing and returning.

ETA an apology for taking my dandy time in replying... I forgot I had posted in here.... :D

Edited by A-B-C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I wish I had a dog that loved the frisbee :mad

For some dogs it takes alittle while, but with the right rewards, some who showed no interest can be trained to play.

Seriously.

Seriously??? Wow. :o

I think I might be broken... non of my dogs have ever been an avid ball, frisbee or anything chaser. :cry: China is the keenest of all, but she's definitely choosy in her chasing and returning.

ETA an apology for taking my dandy time in replying... I forgot I had posted in here.... :mad

:cry: Yep. When I first took that boy to frisbee someone actually asked if I was sure he is a BC. It took ages to get him interested in playing. Movement is the key with him and still is, although I'm transferring value onto other things and he is getting more exciteable over time.

That said I think most people would have given up on him, its just that I've had some really good help on working it all out.

I'm in Melbourne and very interested in participating with one of my frisbee obsessed dogs.

Are you still looking for an organiser? What would be involved?

Liz is away tracking this weekend, but will no doubt get intouch when she gets home.

tony

This sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I wish I had a dog that loved the frisbee :rofl:

Seriously.

Seriously??? Wow. :love:

I think I might be broken... non of my dogs have ever been an avid ball, frisbee or anything chaser. :laugh: China is the keenest of all, but she's definitely choosy in her chasing and returning.

ETA an apology for taking my dandy time in replying... I forgot I had posted in here.... :D

:) Yep. When I first took that boy to frisbee someone actually asked if I was sure he is a BC. It took ages to get him interested in playing. Movement is the key with him and still is, although I'm transferring value onto other things and he is getting more exciteable over time.

That said I think most people would have given up on him, its just that I've had some really good help on working it all out.

Congrats on a job very well done!! :D

:thumbsup:

Liz and I have spoken briefly about holding a clinic in August or September when the weather is better here.

I'm thinking at this stage it would be held in the Doncaster/Templestowe area.

If you are absolutely dead-keen about coming, then flick me an email to cheekydogtraining @ gmail . com and I'll put you in the priority folder. :thanks:

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, Ive been crawling around the forums for a while, thought I'd jump on finally and say hi!

I had been a big fan of 'Wallace' for a number of year but my last boy was a bit too old to start DD then.

So when I bought my new dog last year I had intended on begining disc training with a few tips from Roo, Wallace's owner and trainer. All to find out there is no such thing as disc dog in Vic!

I would be more than happy to join in or lend a hand in any way I could, I already do this, but just for fun. Would be awesome to get this going at club level in Vic.

Heres my boy Boss :)

31072010019.jpg

Edited by onesixty

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Clover

Any news on this yet? The way its going my guys will be fully retired from sports before they get a go :laugh:.

Liz was going to let me know when two instructors had a free weekend to come down, and how much they wanted to be paid - then I didn't hear anything.

We have a new designated dog park (in Donvale) that is currently being fenced, it's half done. In a few months there is also a building we may be able to access for toilets etc.

So I am still happy to do the organising, and I still have the email list, but it's up to the QLD people..??

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Liz was going to let me know when two instructors had a free weekend to come down, and how much they wanted to be paid - then I didn't hear anything.

We have a new designated dog park (in Donvale) that is currently being fenced, it's half done. In a few months there is also a building we may be able to access for toilets etc.

So I am still happy to do the organising, and I still have the email list, but it's up to the QLD people..??

Our first BARK canine disc comp for the year is happening this sunday. Very exciting. We have just had another Qld club affiliated with Canine Disc Australia so that now makes 4 clubs and we are really ready to expand!

Anyhow, we are back on track to getting it started in Victoria. thank you for your patience and eagerness - it is soooo fantastic to see.

We've also got some great plans for 2012 so hoping we definitely get you all started way before the National Championships next year! Did you see Jeff and his dog who are from Victoria try out at Australia's Got Talent - Jeff has travelled up to Qld a couple of times for comps too.

I will talk with Damian on sunday and we'll start organising the clinic. StaffnToller sounds like she has organised a fantastic venue, so hopefully we can organise a weekend in August/September. We'll confirm a date within the next couple of weeks and get you all started! The 2011 National Championships are on 15/16 October in Brisbane.

Next weekend, I'm going up to Townsville to judge at their frisbee competition and we should have 15 teams in the Novice division!

So stay tuned! This time it will happen!