Western Classic

Tiggy

Will there be CCD at the Western Classic? Is there a program out yet? I see they have early bird entries but I have to join Dogs West first. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and competing :mad ;) .

Yep there is :o It's been advertised in the Canine News, and yeah you'd need to become a Dogs West member to submit your entries because you need your membership number on there. Oooh that reminds me, I need to find out about my renewal, I'm pretty sure my year is up already and I haven't received anything about renewing my membership! I'd hate to get a pass and find out it's invalid cos my membership wasn't renewed :mad

Will there be CCD at the Western Classic? Is there a program out yet? I see they have early bird entries but I have to join Dogs West first. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and competing :mad:o .

Yep there is :D It's been advertised in the Canine News, and yeah you'd need to become a Dogs West member to submit your entries because you need your membership number on there. Oooh that reminds me, I need to find out about my renewal, I'm pretty sure my year is up already and I haven't received anything about renewing my membership! I'd hate to get a pass and find out it's invalid cos my membership wasn't renewed ;)

Goodonya Tiggy :mad

Don't leave it until the last moment to get your membership sorted :champagne: All the details are in the latest K9 News. Early bird entries close before Xmas.

I can get them to send me a K9 News I think. I'll get my membership soughted this week. I'm nervous all ready :mad but I need a kick up the butt to get out there :mad .

Edited by Tiggy

Yep and you either lucked in or lucked out with an South Australian judge judging CCD :mad . Put a serious hole in my plan (well that and the choice of novice judge) but ah well Ptolomy will let me know when there is another "nicer" trial to attend :mad .

Okay so I've sent in my membership form :) . Does the dog have to be measured for obedience? Are the ANKC obedience rules you can download the same as whats in the rule book you can buy?

The dog doesn't need to be measured for CCD or novice - only for open and UD - so you have plenty of time on your side to organise that at a later date.

The obedience rules should be either on the Dogswest website or the ANKC website.

I got my membership card and Canine News etc today and I'm feeling :p :) that I'm actually entering a trial :) . The vetting is only for bitches isn't it? I'm a complete newbie at this so sorry for all the questions :p . I was about to enter the obedience challenge instead of the trial, I figured it out :laugh: .

Edited by Tiggy

Do Associates still have to be vetted? They've gotta be desexed to be on the Associate register, and under Sex on the certificate, it says something like N/A which really is an insult to the poor dog. Just cos they've lost their bits, doesn't make them an "it"! :D

Ruby is on Limited register and desexed but I still get her vetted - there is no way around it is there?