Litters Due In February 2010

Bilbo Baggins

Ok we are back again, she is fully dialiated and her cervix is very open but the puppies because they are a little early haven't moved up to the birth canal yet ( there is a reflex that kick in at the due date that cause's them to move down ) the puppies are very happy and having a party and mum is not stressed so we are leaving it longer. Our vet is a very experienced breeder vet so we trust in what he is saying, he is not comfortable in giving her oxytocin just yet as he said if that it is highly likley to cause the placanta's to detach early if the puppies are not ready.

So just got to play the waiting game. :eek:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for you CB - did he say when he thinks it is likely to happen? All this waiting must be driving you insane!!!

He said definatley within 24hrs,

I'm like I can't wait that long :eek:

Jeeze!!! Have you got someone who can take shifts watching her so you can get as much sleep as possible now???

Thanks for all the congrats. I am a maternal and child health nurse and today the person who would have worked for me was already working with me as tomorrow I have to do my OH&S rep update. She could not work tomorrow so all the people from to morrow had to come in today.

I worked out of the kitchen. No computer and wil have to it on on friday. It was a nightmare. :mad :D ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh: At least I could empathise with my new mothers over lack of sleep.