Litters Due In February 2010

Bilbo Baggins

I have had bitches that would not eat much during the last few weeks and up to two weeks after the puppies arrived, came across this recipe and not one of these fussy girls refused it, they are normally fantastic eaters, I also include it in with the weaning of the puppies, they end up having it for their supper.

500 ml Lactose Free milk or Goats milk.

2 egg yolks

2 heaped tablespoons of plain Yoghurt

1 tablespoon of honey

1 dessertspoon of cold press flaxseed oil

5 drops of Pentavite.

Whisk together and refrigerate, it will last for at least three days.

When I am giving it just as a supper to puppies, I leave out the cold press flaxseed oil and reduce the Pentavite to two drops.

As you can see it is a complete meal, mine just love it.

Thanks for that I will give it a shot I have all tha bar the last 2, pardon my ignorance but what is Pentavite? and where can I get it from?

Edited by choc_bordercollie

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had bitches that would not eat much during the last few weeks and up to two weeks after the puppies arrived, came across this recipe and not one of these fussy girls refused it, they are normally fantastic eaters, I also include it in with the weaning of the puppies, they end up having it for their supper.

500 ml Lactose Free milk or Goats milk.

2 egg yolks

2 heaped tablespoons of plain Yoghurt

1 tablespoon of honey

1 dessertspoon of cold press flaxseed oil

5 drops of Pentavite.

Whisk together and refrigerate, it will last for at least three days.

When I am giving it just as a supper to puppies, I leave out the cold press flaxseed oil and reduce the Pentavite to two drops.

As you can see it is a complete meal, mine just love it.

Thanks for that I will give it a shot I have all tha bar the last 2, pardon my ignorance but what is Pentavite? and where can I get it from?

Pentavite is airon vitamin mix that is given to babies and young children. Available from the chemist.

Well I have half sorted the whelping area. Bit ofa problem with the heat. Need to keep Mum comfy but pups warm. I am going to put my heat pad in the plastic dog bed and put the pups in there for warmth during whelping. Then worry about the whelping box heat later.

How is everyone going??

How is Perri?

Go RUBY :rofl:

No action yet. Day 59 (due day 61 as it was a frozen implant.) Temp has not changed and eating like a horse. Cannot fill her up at the moment. I am guessing Monday night. X-ray showed six puppies :rofl:

We are on day 54 now and she decided to have a practice run last night, her temp dropped to 37.1 yesterday morning, which I was really not to worried about seeing as it is not much of a drop, then at 9pm last night started her heavy panting and has milk in her back 4 teats and was having a constant flow of discharge, was whining a little in between heavy panting and her belly got rock hard aswell.

Then she just decided enough was enough and has stopped. :rofl:

She dosen't know what she wants to do :rofl:

Well she fartarsed around and we pulled the pin at 1am and went to bed.

This morning ate breakfast then looked like she might do something so we sat for half an hour and made our own breakfast. :)

Now back to doing nothing. She has done this before and went 4 days over ie last mating. :) :)

:rofl: :D

Perri has had a slight temp drop. Refused her dinner and has been having a bit of a dig in the garden. Under the tree near the water tank seems to be a good place to have them she thinks! She is a little restless. I would say possibly early stages. Wouldn't it be nice if she whelped during the day tomorrow?

Glad to hear all you February mother's are being kept on your toes :rofl:

What's happening with you there chocbordercollie? :laugh:

Well BB any bubs yet?

And Riesenshaft you are lucky having 6 puppies, that's a great size, many years ago when I had danes my bitch had 12 ;) That equates to lots of :rofl:

GOOD LUCK to you all & I'll pop in often to check & see what's happening........Hmnn puppy breath :grouphug:

Glad to hear all you February mother's are being kept on your toes :rofl:

What's happening with you there chocbordercollie? :laugh:

Well BB any bubs yet?

And Riesenshaft you are lucky having 6 puppies, that's a great size, many years ago when I had danes my bitch had 12 :rofl: That equates to lots of :D

GOOD LUCK to you all & I'll pop in often to check & see what's happening........Hmnn puppy breath :grouphug:

My girl is still hanging in there, I spoke to the lady who had her last litter as I was worried about her going early, and she said she went a week and a half early last time, with no signs of her having them she just walked outside and she was in labour and had already had 4 pups :rofl: so she is keeping me real busy ;)

Well i toddled of to the Emergency vet at Essendon Airpot at 5.30.

Ruby had been breathing heavy and when I felt her could not feel any pups move. Woke up properly and felt one but went ayway.

Vet said all okay $135 later we came home. :grouphug::laugh:

Left her in BBJ's hands as I could not get anyone to work for me but can go home at 12.30pm.

Oh this is terribly exciting reading about all your pups!

Still unsure of Molly... I think she is, she seems to be getting thicker around the waist, Id love to have some nice ones from her so i can send one back to her breeder.

Shes resting a lot, so quite possibly.

Keep posting how your girls are doing!