101 Ways To Squish A Box!

So Nik told be about the "101 things to do with a box" clicker game.

In my second session with Abby she new EXACTLY what was going on and was sitting watching me and doing a massive backhand swipe at the box- which ended up about 2m away from me. Thus she decided the quickest way to get a treat was to run back and jump on the box.

I was quite pleased considering she had no idea prior to this about leaving me for food! Distance work here we come!!

Pics of the poor box

DSC05254.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05250.jpg

Yep there is even the word fragile on the box!! Abby clearly doesnt understand THAT word!! Safire on the other hand (on the right) would much prefer to have photos taken than work with a crappy box!!

OK next step- getting her to do anything but 'shake' the box.......

Edited by woofenpup

Awww i love the second picture! She looks so happy with her paw on the box! :p

My boy is another one that will stand or paw anything! Doesn't matter what it is he will swipe it or knock it with his paw and then look at me like "treat?" :(

PS - what are the "101 things to do with a box"?

HAHAHAHA that is super!

I tried 101 things when Dante was a pup but he just wasn't ready for the focus required LOL He's nearly 3 and I tried it with him recently and he took to it very well, it funny watching their behaviours with the free shaping stuff.

It's a game you can play with your dog to encourage shaping and understanding of the clicker... You essentially click/mark anything that they do with the box (e.g. sniffing, jumping, mouthing, running around, pawing, nosing, etc). It gets them thinking and they start to become really clever at inventing different things to do!

It's a game you can play with your dog to encourage shaping and understanding of the clicker... You essentially click/mark anything that they do with the box (e.g. sniffing, jumping, mouthing, running around, pawing, nosing, etc). It gets them thinking and they start to become really clever at inventing different things to do!

Thanks for that TerraNik. :thumbsup: Might have to give it a go with Bomber. :rofl:

Thanks for that TerraNik. :thumbsup: Might have to give it a go with Bomber. :eek:

Let us know how you go! It's a great game you can play whenever you've received all those Christmas parcels in the mail :rofl:

I've been trying shaping with Tilba. I wanted her to get in a box. She won't go any further than 2 legs in the box. She's jumped over a couple of times & accidentally put 1 bag leg in as she was stepping out.

I'll try with anything she does & see if I can get her to do other things. She seems to get 'stuck' & keep repeating the same thing. When I delay the click to try & get her to do something else she gets bored & goes away. :D

How do I do that? I don't think she knows about her back legs. When she was stepping 1 back leg in the box as she was jumping over it, the next time she just jumped over it.

Forgot to say woofenpup, I love the 2nd pic, so cute. :D

Edited by luvsdogs

There are several exercises you can do for rear end awareness.

I think Terranik has a video up of one of them where you teach them to pivot around a box/phonebooks (elephant trick)

Or you can walk them through a ladder, or teach them to walk backwards.