What Could It Be?

kitty

Ok, so i'm probably panicking or being overly paranoid, but i just found a bunch of scabs (well at least i think they are) in a line about 3cm long behind Molly's ear, at the back, almost on the bone. (if that makes sense)

They seem to be a little sensitive to her, and they are crumbly - for lack of a better word, and they seem to be coming away quite easily, leaving pink fresh skin.

She does scratch there quite a bit... i found a single flea on her the other day, and dosed her with Capstar, in addition to her usual monthly flea treatment.

Should i be worried - is there anything else that could cause this, or would it just be from her scratching???

thanks Persephone - i'm about 95% sure they're definately scabs - i dont know of anything else that would crumble away like that!

My first reaction was that it could be a tick, but i had a closer look as possible and everything just looked like scabs.

I'm guessing if it is because of the flea, she is having a bit of a flea allergy. I don't know how else to combat them, she gets her monthly treatment and capstar as soon as i find them.

Off to search the wonderful world of DOL for ideas.

Is it possible that it could be anything else??

no fur coming along with it.... skin looks clean around it. It's seems to be dry as opposed to moist.... i'll just keep an eye on it, and if it gets any worse or doesn't clear up in a couple of days, i'll take her to the vet.

thanks guys!