Sleeping Nights

goldenboymax

Hi we recently got a new puppy but all of a sudden she has started howling at a particular time she sleeps in the laundry room and stats howling every morning exactly at 5.30am I am not sure how what to do anymore i have tried a radio and chews and toys but nothing seems to work.

Any Advice?

She probably needs to go to the toilet.

If it is to go to the loo then go in, put a lead on, take her out. DO NOT TALK TO HER OR PLAY WITH HER. You can say her command word to encourage her to toilet and then praise once done but that is it.

Once she has done her biz put her back in and go back to bed.

She will then know that if she truly needs to go to the loo you will let her out but there will be no playing with Mum & Dad in the wee hours of the morning (or the middle of the night)

Hi we recently got a new puppy but all of a sudden she has started howling at a particular time she sleeps in the laundry room and stats howling every morning exactly at 5.30am I am not sure how what to do anymore i have tried a radio and chews and toys but nothing seems to work.

Any Advice?

Patience. If she's 8 wks she's only been away from the litter for a couple days. Maybe 5:30 is when the puppys all woke up and got fed at the breeder's place. Very likely she is unused to being alone, and waking up and finding herself alone is upsetting.

Any Advice?

Patience. If she's 8 wks she's only been away from the litter for a couple days. Maybe 5:30 is when the puppys all woke up and got fed at the breeder's place. Very likely she is unused to being alone, and waking up and finding herself alone is upsetting.

If it's not toilet time it could easily be feeding time. Kei's litter was fed breakfast at 5-5:30am at his breeders place and it took me quite a few weeks to gradually increase it to 6:30-7am.

My guess is that the pup is lonely though. I'd be putting her in a crate in the bedroom with you rather than the laundry and see if that helps :eek:

It's probably toilet, food or wake up time -- or all three combined !

How often is pup going out for toilet during the night.

You might want to consider putting her to bed a bit later and setting alarm to take her to toilet -- that way you might be able to control things a bit more. It's worth the investment of time to wake up durng the night to alleviate the 530am wake up call.

I wish Jasmine would alert us at all when she needs to go. She simply walks to the door, looks back and if nobody comes to open it she will find somewhere in the house to to go. I'd be pleased with some sort of verbal warning at anytime of the day or night.

id just crate and put near bedroom door if you dont want her in the room

when dog stirs you get yp adn toilet

pretty soon they will sleep thru to 6 and beyond as they age

some of ours will happily sleep in til 8am..theyre in the kids beds

one will still wake at 6 or when the radio alarm goes on at 620 or so but on weekends i just let him out and he will happily snooze back in bed til 830 or evenlonger