Reducing Photo Size On Pc

sparkycat

Hi -we took over 800 photos in Europe recendly and have loaded then on to our PC .

Is there an easy way to reduce the size from about 3 or 4 MB to approx 80 KB ?????

At the monent I am opening each photo in paint and reducing it..................................

Batch them in photoshop or get lightroom and do it there. Both have 30 day free trials if you don't have them yet. Picasa (free from Google) might have a feature that should be able to do this but I don't know the program to be able to help.

Why do you want to reduce them? For web sharing? I suggest 650 -900 pixels on the long edge, save jpeg at 6 or 7 (65% more or less in Lightroom), change to 72 dpi (which will reduce the file size, too). Most of my images done this way are from 50kbs - 200kbs.

don't lose your originals by saving over them, save the smaller versions to a new folder.

If you wanted to do it in Picasa if you dont have LR or PS, you can just hold all the pics you want to reduce and go to export and this is where it give you the option to reduce the size. once you do that it will save the photos to a folder in your pictures under Picasa exports. Hope you can understand what Im talking about. Once you do it a few times it is easy and even better if you are already familiar with Picasa.

If you dont have Picasa, you can just download a free copy, google for the site.