Mylanta

Rebanne

One of my dogs gets a seasonal reaction to fast growing grass. This year I have managed it best by using an antihistamine and wiping witch hazel over and around and up her paws, pads and legs. I work in an aged care facility and one of the residents was being driven mad by a rash of unknown origin. This rash and itching has been ongoing for about 3 weeks now with all sorts of things being tried. Last night we literally bathed her in Mylanta and it was unbelivable how quickly it worked and when I left was still working 4 hrs later. Which got me thinking about whether Mylanta could be used on dogs safely, seeing as how they might lick it off. I was blown away at how completely the Mylanta worked. If I hadn't have seen it I wouldn't have believed it.

One of my dogs gets a seasonal reaction to fast growing grass. This year I have managed it best by using an antihistamine and wiping witch hazel over and around and up her paws, pads and legs. I work in an aged care facility and one of the residents was being driven mad by a rash of unknown origin. This rash and itching has been ongoing for about 3 weeks now with all sorts of things being tried. Last night we literally bathed her in Mylanta and it was unbelivable how quickly it worked and when I left was still working 4 hrs later. Which got me thinking about whether Mylanta could be used on dogs safely, seeing as how they might lick it off. I was blown away at how completely the Mylanta worked. If I hadn't have seen it I wouldn't have believed it.

When Ollie was having chemo, the tablets every second week used to upset his stomach, so we gave him mylanta to settle his stomach acid...

He had 5ml every 4-6 hours when needed. You would be surprised just how many human tonics are OK to use with dogs... Most of his meds these days come from a script written by the vet and collected from our local chemist...

Back in the UK (in the olden days..lol) we used it topically fior acne, ulcers, dandruff.

ETA seem to remember that my grandmother found it to be the only relief she got from shingles..

Edited by anniek

I am going to get a bottle and try it out. It was amazing how it relieved this persons torment in seconds. Wish I had known about it when I had shingles!

Over there it's called Milk of Magnesia - assume it's the same thing.

Never had a need to try it on the dogs - must remember.