Walking The Dog Log

Daisy

Didnt get out for a walk last night due to my OH taking me out for tea as we dont get out much :thumbsup: so made up for it today took them out for a quick walk after work this morning and just got back from a 30 min walk . Poor Maya is pooped and Hudson looks like he could have gone another hour :(

OH is convinced Maya has started loosing wieght but i think its alot of wishfull thinking :rofl: we will see!!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello to all :eek:

Hugo and I went out this morning, his loose-lead walking is improving with all this practice :D he still likes to try and drag me to every tree though so he can pee on it, and he gets very excited when he sees other dogs. But we are working on this.

then my daughter arrived home after being away for a week, so I dragooned her into helping and we took both the greys and whippy girl for a short walk :laugh:

It sounds like you had a great day Daisy :rofl: We had a wonderfull walk today took the dogs to the river and walked along the bank but i dont think the water birds were very impressed the dogs kept finding them hiding in the grass but i think they should just think themselfs lucky that the dogs were on long leads and not just running around :rofl:

Well Jane got in some lovely walks over the weekend but not by me as I was in Melbourne visiting family and friends...so she is happily passed out on the bed while I write this...YAH!

Jane is a real bugger when it comes to recall. She was pretty good as a pup but has become unreliable since her brain kicked in so I sometimes walk her with a long lead when we go bush. The problem is that I need to get a long lead...5 to 10 metres..that is soft enough on my hands when she goes spaz with her Zoomies. Any ideas????

Well, no walk today but dog school in PE. I left early so that we wouldn't travel in the heat. Unfortunately puppy class starts at 11:00 which makes for hot and tired pups. I think today was one of our best days, not because Max had everything taped (he didn't, not even close) but because there was a couple there with another ridgie the same age as Max wanting a playmate. We took them down to the bottom of the club grounds into the shade of some trees and let them play off-lead. They had a ball and we stood around chatting. Eventually there was quite a crowd watching the two ridgies (mine with no ridge and the other with kinked tail!) having such fun.

Then we went over and sat watching the agility training. There were lots of Border Collies there today, probably around 10 or 12. Normally there are only 5 or 6. When they had finished training they told me to let Max off-lead to play with their dogs. :(:) He didn't have a clue what the game was about, I don't even think he saw the ball! :laugh: He just ran with the pack and had such fun. He is quite a popular dog at the club because he is friends with everybody - dog and person alike. I think I'll stay late again next week in the hope of a repeat performance. ;)

Just about to head of for our walk today they are so loving all the walks and look so happy to be out :cry: mind you i am so tired it would be so easy to just say bugger it we will stay home. But i will get up and out the door and go and be a good mummy. Next week will be fun tho as the other 2 are coming home for awhile and that will make 4 dogs to walk now that will test me. :laugh:

Hope everyone else is getting out for walks and weldone to thos that are. :eek:

Well, no walk again today - Max is not himself and the vet said he's picked up a tummy bug. I've just fed him for the first time since he refused dinner last night and he's acting like he's starved so I guess he's feeling better. :thumbsup:

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't pop in yesterday, and we didn't walk either. I had to leave home at 6.30am yesterday to take my son to Canberra for his induction into the Navy. We could have walked last night but I was actually feeling very sad and didn't feel like doing anything. Forced myself out for a walk this morning though with Matilda. Hoping I feel a bit happier soon.

walked again this morning just one dog though... it was still a bit warm at 6am though so cut the walk short again...

Daisy i hope you are feeling better soon *hugs*

Cuchulain I hope Max feels better soon!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

Hi Dog walkers! I've been a bit MIA for a few days, feeling extra sick so poor dogs haven't been walked until this morning, it was nice and cool and we spent an hour at the park. The dogs were glad for the run, and were totally feral :thumbsup: hopefully I'm feeling good enough again to continue our daily walks now.

I was good until three month ago when i got my newfie pup.She is not allowed to go for long walks and I hate leaving her behind. But she is 5 1/2 month now and we should restart. though it get very hot here at present. No excuse today, it is cool :thumbsup::)

Went for a long walk alongside Lake Hume yesterday........Will have to go for one after work

OK - finally back from holiday and checking in - took Rosie for a walk on Sunday - about half an hour - have our new pup who is still learning that a walk on a leash is good and can't walk long distances yet - so took him for 10 minutes around the block - then after tea took Rosie for about a 40 minute walk :eek:

Feeling hot and sweaty - but satisfied - back to work tomorrow so will be up at 5.30 to walk Rosie - not really a prob as we have been up early all holidays - gee the sun comes up early in Queensland :o and pups are early risers too :mad:(

Will check back in tomorrow night - well done everyone - hope you feel happier soon Daisy ;)

just popped back in to say hi again as i wasn't in a very good mood this morning, sorry. Feeling a bit better now, but I am still really missing my son.

Sorry to hear you haven't been well casima, and cuch I really hope poor little Max feels better soon!!!

Jane and I went up the mountain again tonight...took about an hour as she was really into sniffing.

Thank god we live in a small town though, as she is a real bugger for saying hello to other people and dogs. This probably sounds like a good thing except it means that every time she sees someone, she falls over and lays on the ground until that person comes up. Trouble is that they can be up to 200 metres away when she sees them so we spend a fair bit of time waiting for people to walk up and then for me to explain that no...shes not tired...just friendly, stubborn and pig-headed!

great idea

it is harder in the hot weather but it is so good to get them out

i think making yourself accountable is wonderful

i look at the walk as important exercise for me and the family so thats one way of getting us to do it but at other times i focus on the joy the dogs get out of sniffing and just having a run in a different place

good luck with your pledge ...get that heart pumping and think of every step doing you and the doggies good

Took Max to the beach with my dad for a short while at lunchtime. Now that he's better I'm in agony from a totally horrendous visit to the dentist this morning. Honestly, they ought not to allowed to work when they're having a bad day! Everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. It was Murphy at his very best! I told him the next time he wants to do a root canal on a molar he can go fly a kite - I want it pulled! This was the 3rd visit for the same tooth. Colour me unimpressed. Colour Max even less impressed, he is as you so rightly say FERAL tonight because I'm in no state to even train him, let alone walk him!

poor cuch you are really having a bad time of it!

I did the split shift this morning - took Ryan and Ari for 20 minutes then came back and took Clyde for 20. These are my lazy houndies (greyhounds and whippet), they are quite happy with a 20 minute walk, probably why they are my breeds of choice :love:

Hi again walkers :)

Sorry to hear things are still not going your way Cuchulain :love: and Daisy I hope happier days are ahead :laugh:

The dogs and I went for an hour trip to the park again this morning, lots of fetching and swimming and running, I really enjoy seeing them zooming around full speed, makes the park seem small! and it is a big park.