Whats The Most 'out There' Thing You Have Done

lilypily

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up adding up vet bills many years ago :rofl:

Had to pawn my jewellery once to pay for emergancy 24 hour vet clinic(got a credit card very quickly after that experience)

Got divorced over a long standing arguement about dogs allowed in the house and on the bed, the dogs came with me and haven't been off the bed in eight years :)

When my son was younger I had two toy boxes in the lounge, one for him and one for the dogs and they seemed to have more toys.

My girl seems to be getting some arthritis and is having trouble jumping up on my bed. She sleeps in bed with me everynight so on the weekend i'm off to Bunnings and i'm going to make a ramp to put off the end of the bed. I was worried about 'grip' but I have some carpet offcuts that i'll nail on. My family think I am nuts :laugh:

And put some strips of wood across from side to side at regular intervals. The non slip under rugs materials works well too.

MundyonRamp.jpg

Thanks MM, I like that idea.

Ill be boring I think when Ill say that I bought a car just so the dogs would have large booth, I installed hot water to go to the outside garden hose so when I wash them it wont be warm water.

And wont mention how many thousands of dollars I had spend on them on various items for them, or training them or feeding them.

All worth it tho :)

Makes me happy to read this thread! :thumbsup: You're all wonderful people!!!

I have spent thousands at the Vets too plus thousands on toys and bedding. The most important thing about a car is ht e size of the boot. I lived in a caravan for 18 months because I couldn't afford to rent a house with a dog. I took my dog to Germany for 2 years and back because i couldn't leave her behind. I could get a job in the mines which would enable me to own my house in a couple of years. It's FIFO so I can't do it. Bought a caravan so the dogs can come on holiday with us. Bought a house on 1/2 acre so they can run around, now thinking 1/2 acres isn't enough. Decide where I live by how close off-lead walking and swimming facilities are. All normal stuff for me.

NAO, I like the idea with the dogs having their own kitchen and laundry! Might consider that for my next house!

Smooch has always slept in my bed on the elect blanket and me on the other side. When he had a spinal stroke and was unable to walk, we slept on the lounge with a thick sheet of plastic under the sheets, I lost count how many times I was piddled on. He could not be left at home on his own so when we needed to go shopping we would take smooch with us, one of us would go and get what we needed while the other stayed in the car with him. Than we would swap. So finally when smooch learn't to walk again but still dragged one back leg a bit, I had to cut the legs off from my bed so that Smooch could get onto the bed without falling back ward. He won't use the steps to get onto the bed. He has also taken over my new Jason Recliner chair, and I get the computer chair to sit on. He has his dinner cooked for him as he won't eat dog food, has to have his half a turkey neck or won't eat his dinner. Lost count of how many different treats is in the pantry for him, he knows which one he wants and when he wants it and won't settle for just any.