Self Service Milk Bar

redkidsmum

Had a shock and a laugh today..walked into the room where my first time mum toy poodle was feeding her pups..was tidying up and then heard funny slurping noise. Looked around and there was mum bending around .. sucking an available boob ..pups were happy on the others.....3 Pups all fat and healthy.one month old ...mother certainly not lacking for food or drink !!! Has anyone else had their bitch do this ??? How in the world can I stop it ..can't supervise at night

Are the pups in the process of weaning? Maybe she is in pain and just trying to relieve the pain by removing some milk.

No she has not started to wean them ..THey will not even attempt to eat solids or my normal milky porridge yet... Mum always apears to have no milk so her boobs certainly arn't sore

Had a shock and a laugh today..walked into the room where my first time mum toy poodle was feeding her pups..was tidying up and then heard funny slurping noise. Looked around and there was mum bending around .. sucking an available boob ..pups were happy on the others.....3 Pups all fat and healthy.one month old ...mother certainly not lacking for food or drink !!! Has anyone else had their bitch do this ??? How in the world can I stop it ..can't supervise at night

That is gorgeous.............she is doing because she can!! Maybe she was wondering what all the fuss about it is with the pups and thought she would check it out. I dont think you can stop her without upsetting the apple cart so to speak. She only has a few more weeks before weaning and it eventually dries up, so dont worry.

That is gorgeous.............she is doing because she can!! Maybe she was wondering what all the fuss about it is with the pups and thought she would check it out. I dont think you can stop her without upsetting the apple cart so to speak. She only has a few more weeks before weaning and it eventually dries up, so dont worry.

Yes have to laugh..good way to stop mum being run down.. haha.. Have milk will travel :cry: must try to get photo

Yes have to laugh..good way to stop mum being run down.. haha.. Have milk will travel :cry: must try to get photo

:cry: Better still get a video. I bet you would have thousands of hits on youtube...lol

I would be tempted to get her checked just to make sure she is ok - there may be slight infection starting. I would put my mind at ease - its cute but its not normal.

Sure all is well with her healthwise..She is never normal ..is a total little ratbag..thinks she is still a puppy..races around and plays like no self respecting mother of pups would..is a joy to own,so happy aways

Don't know why I am surprised with her doing something weird..that's her :thumbsup: