Ballarat Pet Expo

2tollers

:o Good on you Evolving. I'd love to see that cheeky little pup again. :)

I'm not too sure what will be there and what it will be like. It's a first.

Our club is doing a demo for flyball (with Bellarine Dog Club) and there'll be a few doing tricks etc.

Is tomorrow!! :laugh: ETA: Ooops, nope, is actually Sunday 17th Jan.

Seems to be all profits to Cancer Council via Ballarat Relay for Life so excellent cause!

Found a flyer with classes for pet competition - fastest ferret through tunnel should be a hoot!

Gates open 12 noon so plenty of time for Melbournites to motor up if they so choose. I'll be the middle-aged santa claus shaped lady with a boofy Pug boy (hmmmm I guess that narrows it down LOL!) ***Imagines all DOLers intro'ing themselves to every large middleaged lady with Pug! Could be confusing LOL!***

Here's the flyer:

Ballarat Pet Expo Competition Entry Form

ETA: fill out and print above entry form if you want to enter your pet(s) entry is free. AFAIK not VCA sanctioned though.

PPS This is also a full show for miniature horses (makes sense as they are the organisers). No full size horses/ponies allowed - anyone bringing a Dane or a Wolfhound? The photographers would have a ball with pics of a Dane towering over a horse!!! Where are you Sway?

Program Miniature Horses Assoc

Edited by RuralPug

It's on Sunday. :scared:

Errrrr, yep, errrr today is Thursday, not Saturday. :D :):o

He's a lovely man, but things do get confused around his Tardis. Better go back and edit stupid earlier post...

I don't expect to see too many Tollers, I might pick you correctly! :laugh:

It's definitely worth coming just to watch Elvis run. He's "The Man". :D

:o He has his moments. But i do agree he is pretty awesome :).

We cannot wait :laugh:.

would love to come but have something else on although could try later in the avo....I am in the ballarat club and would love to see the flyball team that did so well last year...have seen u guys practice a bit and it looks like a lot of fun

would love to come but have something else on although could try later in the avo....I am in the ballarat club and would love to see the flyball team that did so well last year...have seen u guys practice a bit and it looks like a lot of fun

LOL the dogs love it. There'll be some flyball dogs coming up from Geelong too.

Well, Ballarat lived up to its reputation as far as weather goes. We had at least 4 seasons in one day. :rofl:

The day was a great experience for some of the newer flyball dogs as they were running in a different environment with new dogs. Demos help heaps with training so the dogs can get used to running with all sorts of distractions. :)

Hopefully this event will continue to grow and gain support.

Unfortunately my camera batteries were flat but I did see another Doler there taking happy snaps. (Nice to meet you BTW)

Was that you with the 2 small fluffy black dogs Prada?

It was a good day, except for the litter of 5 week old puppies in the plastic container the idiot owners had out.