Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

Guest bigdogg

Guest bigdogg

Hi guys - im always interested in breeds i have never heard of before..

has anyone heard of the wirehaired pointing griffon?

or

slovakian rough haired pointer?

Are their any in Australia?

Edited by bigdogg

Yes I've heard of these. Very handsome. As far as I know, none in Aust.

However, Italian Spinone are also a pointing breed (HPR) and have the French Griffons in their ancestry (although spins are a VERY old breed) ans they do retain the griffon 'look' in many ways :rofl:

A very similar looking dog to the Griffon and also a pointer is the Cesky Fousek and I know there are some in NZ!! who are really gorgeous and regularly hunt. You may find some pics and video of them if you do a search. Lovely lovely dogs :hug::rofl::rofl:

Guest bigdogg
No Griffons here. :D

I think one breeder brought in some Slovakians but I'm not sure they did much with them.

Do you know who bought them in??

Id love to have a look at their dogs..

Guest bigdogg

Greydove does not have any SRHP

I only talked to the husband and he had never heard of them? although he did say he was the silent partner :(

Edited by bigdogg

Guest bigdogg

Yep, i think they are better looking than the griffon as well..

I think the slovakian rough haired pointer is awesome though..

Shame they aren't in the country, id get myself 1 or 2 of them.

bigdogg I love the SRHP too... Interesting fact they tried to get it registered as a wirehaired WEimaraner but the German club refused them... so they named it what it is named today.

perhaps you could email Narelle at Greydove she would be the one to speak to regarding what happened with the Slovakian quest... I know it's a lot of time and money bringing in a new breed.

I don't know of any in Australia either but i know a lot of people (mostly weim people) with an interest in them.

We have a new Wirehaired Viz showing at the moment - baby puppy... just so adorable with his little mo!!

Guest bigdogg

I emailed them on the weekend - read the email(read receipt) but no reply

I rang them this morning, Val was at work. The husband had never heard of them before?

Has Narelle got a different email? Or just use the contact form on their website?

I'm not sure bigdogg... sorry! I'd speak to Val or Narelle.... although if they got the breed approved for introduction but never went ahead with the imports then I doubt there'd be much they can tell you. You could try PMing greydove but i am not sure how often Narelle comes on DOL forums anymore.

• 3 months later...
Guest bigdogg

Just an update guys - the SRHP is not in Australia, as advised by Greydove kennels.

Ill just have to wait until someone else imports a few or i win lotto..

• 1 month later...
Just an update guys - the SRHP is not in Australia, as advised by Greydove kennels.

Ill just have to wait until someone else imports a few or i win lotto..

At the time we enquired to import the 'physical' animal did not need to be in Australia. When we submitted to DogsNSW for the Slovakian to come in at the same time they changed the rules to say that the dog must be here....we were not about to spend the money on importing a new breed before recognised. Its a shame we could have got it going very very easily as we had the right connections and all...

• 7 years later...

Hi guys! 

Just found this thread as I'm wanting to get a wirehaired pointing griffon. 

Its an old thread I know so I'm wondering if anyone knows if they've been brought into Australia yet?

thanks

johnny