Co Ownership

cass_06

Hi,

I have never done a co ownership before so wondering what i have to do. I am QLD and purchaser in a different state. Do i have to join their canine council so we both puppy can be co owned?

Thanks in advance

Cassie

Hi,

I have never done a co ownership before so wondering what i have to do. I am QLD and purchaser in a different state. Do i have to join their canine council so we both puppy can be co owned?

Thanks in advance

Cassie

Which state is the purchaser - as that will determine the exact requirements - each CC have different requirements wrt co-ownerhsip; though you don't have to join the interstate CC where the purchasers resides.

in VIC you have to write out a letter stating the terms of your agreement, both parties have to sign.

In Tasmania, you only have to fill out a form which states what the syndicate members can and cannot sign for ie litter registartions, show entries.

Best to contact the CC where the pup/dog is going and ask them what will be required.

Edited by lilli

i would contact your state body because i believe QLD has a whole different rule for themselves especially with co ownership.

I may be wrong but i believe if you dont live in QLD after a set period that person must become a member.

It may have changed though although i think there has been a dsicussion on Oz show about this

Edited by showdog

I recently entered a co-ownership with a breeder in NSW (I am in Qld),

Firstly we had our own contract which we hashed out together.

On the CCCQ side of things, there is a co-ownership form on the CCCQ website that you will need to print and fill in

When it comes time to register the pup I simply filled in the details of the NSW owner (the pup would be residing with her so I filled her name in first) and then filled my name in second in the owners section.

The CC side of things is really a joke especially when on their paperwork they didn't even require an original signature.

The most important thing for us involved in the co-ownership was a good solid contract that covered exactly what we both wanted for the bitch and ourselves.

WRITING

have everything written down, conditions, etc have both parties sign then keep a copy, that way if anything happens etc you have it in writing.

even though co-ownership contracts are basically worthless in some states, it still has a copy of requirements