A Pet's Ten Commandments

mutt lover

1. My Life is likely to last 10-15 years, Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me, It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment, You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only YOU.

5. Talk to me, Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something may be bothering me, Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, Or I may of been in the sun too long, Or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old, You too will grow old.

10. On the Ultimate Journey go with me please, Never say you can't bear to watch, Don't make me face this alone, Everything is easier for me if you are there, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO.

Take a moment today to thank God for your pets, Enjoy and take good care of them. Our Life would be much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters, be surrounded by Hope, Love and Joyfulness.

IT IS HERE ON EARTH AND IT HAS FOUR LEGS!.

Copied from http://www.doglistener.co.uk/humour/commandments.shtml

Edited by Troy

At least I don't have makeup on today, yesterday I read the thread about 'one dog' before I went to work, had to go and wipe the black running mascara from under my eyes :thumbsup:

It is wonderful, do we know where it comes from? I would like to use it on my website and in our next brochure.

At least I don't have makeup on today, yesterday I read the thread about 'one dog' before I went to work, had to go and wipe the black running mascara from under my eyes :thumbsup:

It is wonderful, do we know where it comes from? I would like to use it on my website and in our next brochure.

Wiping away the tears..... I too would like to add this to my website..

At least I don't have makeup on today, yesterday I read the thread about 'one dog' before I went to work, had to go and wipe the black running mascara from under my eyes :(

No don't know where it came from originally, I got it via email from a friend, with last line being about thanking God I figured it was a religious thing and friend who sent it to me is very religious also. Feel free to use it on your website the more people that see it the more it might sink home to some! :thumbsup:

Edited by mutt lover

Hi Mutt Lover,

Just beautiful, thankyou for sharing this with us.

No 10 is extremely true, our 13 year old "puppy" needed to have a rest at 13 years of age due to anal cancer. ;) We as a family (with the vets help and advice) decided that when Sam told us it was time we would look after him as we had always done. We took photos over the last few weeks and were able to spend time with him Gave him his favourite foods. And played his favourite games. He was surely a blessing to us. Even on his last day he greeted the vet with a wagging tail at our front door. We were there for him at the very end, and in a lot of ways this has (if it could be )made his passing easier. He was and always will be a part of our family. I thank God for allowing us to be his human family. :) Now he is in heaven, giving God licks and love.

Thankyou.

Hi Mutt Lover,

Just beautiful, thankyou for sharing this with us.

No 10 is extremely true, our 13 year old "puppy" needed to have a rest at 13 years of age due to anal cancer. ;) We as a family (with the vets help and advice) decided that when Sam told us it was time we would look after him as we had always done. We took photos over the last few weeks and were able to spend time with him Gave him his favourite foods. And played his favourite games. He was surely a blessing to us. Even on his last day he greeted the vet with a wagging tail at our front door. We were there for him at the very end, and in a lot of ways this has (if it could be )made his passing easier. He was and always will be a part of our family. I thank God for allowing us to be his human family. :) Now he is in heaven, giving God licks and love.

Thankyou.

I thank God he had a family like you. :(