Search And Rescue - Dog Training

Tilly

Does anyone know of anyone who trains dogs for "Search and Rescue" work? I am interested in the training for my my 9 month old GSD boy.

I know there used to be the "Qld K9 Search and Rescue Group" but they seem to have stopped training.

I am on the southside of Brisbane but willing to travel a reasonable distance if needed.

I would love to do that - too far away from anyone here though

Goodluck with your training.

Hi Jo,

We do have a members in WA if you want to PM me I can give you details, the Whippies would be very agile at covering the rubble piles.

Cheers,

Julie (friend of Teresa) :(

Hi Jo,

We do have a members in WA if you want to PM me I can give you details, the Whippies would be very agile at covering the rubble piles.

Cheers,

Julie (friend of Teresa) :rofl:

That would be great :laugh:

I am 750kms from Perth though?????? A little out of the way, but I have always wanted to do something like that - My dream!

many :thumbsup: Sardog - they have been in contact and I am heading off to their social day on Sunday ...

I just hope my boy behaves himself and doesn't go completely silly like he occassionally does when he is over excited :laugh:

Hi Jo,

Cheers,

Julie (friend of Teresa) :laugh:

Is there a SA group?

Sorry for the delayed replies, have just returned to this thread.

Oceanaussie, it's the same group you were with in Qld, they don't train in area search.

Tilly, have a good day on Sunday.

For other Victorian enquiries, refer to our web page for contact details;

www.sarda.net.au

For contacts in SA, also refer to the above web page contact details and I will give you the information.

Stafntoller, our dogs are "air" scent discriminating trained not ground scent as such.

Hope this all helps

Cheers,

Julie